Not sure what to do anymore... in need of guidance

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

thus again my question Harrison why does your bro think it is ok ? again peer pressure from student friends or someone else on campus ? He was drawn to it for a reason and what is the reason ?

I won't offer you any advice H as I know you can get much better than I can give you. Looks like there are a few nuggets above you can consider. Just know that I feel for you and your family and I sincerely hope this will turn out the best for all invovled.

thus again my question Harrison why does your bro think it is ok ? again peer pressure from student friends or someone else on campus ? He was drawn to it for a reason and what is the reason ?

He just got caught up in the wrong crowd and peer pressure.

Well today, he decided he wasn't going and he just sat in the room and said "you can't make me" but they told my parents to leave and I got to have a word with him

after some time i convinced him he needs to get better he said he would go

I'm so proud of him, and so happy. I'll see him in 30 days

I basically told him either way he couldn't come back here as much as I love him. I said he should make the best of the time he's going to be gone. He's eager to change himself and just apologized for all the pain he's caused people via Facebook.

He's at the airport now

a couple of the texts between us i was sending them through email

"Its Harrison, Joe. I'm so proud of you man. I'll always be here for you and can't wait to see the new you. Its a great opportunity to turn things around, We love you forever and always."

him : "doesn't sound like you but I'm gonna miss you"

"You have a lot of courage for making this decision and can't describe how proud we are"

him : "Whats reed doing"

"He's playing xbox and wondering why I am crying so much"

him : "Tell him i'm moving into Lewis' for a while. I can't wait to see the new me, I can do this."

Last edited:
You can get sent to rehab for smoking weed?

Jesus, back when I was a teenager they used to give it away free with every copy of Led Zeppelin IV. The only "gateway" it opened for me was the refrigerator door.

Best of luck to your brother nonetheless - I guess the world has moved on..

You can get sent to rehab for smoking weed?

Jesus, back when I was a teenager they used to give it away free with every copy of Led Zeppelin IV. The only "gateway" it opened for me was the refrigerator door.

Best of luck to your brother nonetheless - I guess the world has moved on..

No he was doing pills

Hi Harrison,

Coming to this very late indeed. Sorry to hear about the challenge your family is going through. I'd be crying if it was one of my loved ones. I think you've had some great advice and your response to your brother is absolutely spot on. There's an old saying that you can choose your friends but not your family...however, blood is always thicker than water and home is where we learn our most important lessons about love, patience, tolerance and forgiveness (and, if you have brothers, how to fight like a rabid dog!). You're doing a top-notch job handling this and I, for one, think you're an outstanding young man!

Cheers,
Mark

The hardest part of what you are experiencing is thinking You can change him. The next hardest thing is supporting without condemning. Be there for him when he needs you. Listen and encourage, this is the most he will expect as well, and probaly all he wants. All else is really out of your hands. He's the one who has to find the inner strength to do this.

I have four brothers, one has been thru rehab, in San Francisco, he survived it. One other just quit on his own. Of my two sisters one had been in rehab in SF for a very long time. There was nothing anyone could do in her case, and a lot to do with that is my family invented the word "disfunctional". I am from a first marriage, 9 years older than the next and only lived amongst them from 11 till I was 17.

Be strong, support him, your mother, and your father in their decissions. Stay close to your siblings so they keep on track. It's like being on an airliner, when the oxygen masks drop, you gotta put your own on first, so you can look after the others.

Just Plane Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back