Not sure what to do anymore... in need of guidance

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks everyone,

So that girl who he's 'with' posted a status on fb last night

"Drugs and alcohol are never the answer, unless the question is what am I doing this weekend"

His one wish to me was to make sure she didn't do any of that stuff, well i sent a picture of the status to him so he can see that she is having a grand old time while he's trying to get his life straight. He needs to get away from that girl.

Harrison, some times a guy just can't see what the girl he thinks he's in love with is really like no mater how many people tell him. After he's been kicked in the head by her enough times he'll get it all by him self, and the so called love will turn to hate for what she's done to him, and he'll be rid of her and wondering why he didn't listen to everyone. It's just gonna take time.

TBolt nailed it with that one. "Love is blind" is such a true statement. I had several folks warn me about a girlfriend once, who later became my ex-wife after cheating on me and running off with another guy. Its one of those life-experience lessons-learned that you never get until after it happens. And it hurts. But, you learn, grow, and move on. Just to give you fair warning, though...he'll probably need another steadying, calming influence in his life...introducing him to a new circle of friends when he gets out will definitely help with this, too.

Thank you guys, my parents are down there this whole week and said

- He looks so much better, the doctors said the hardest part for him was withdrawals.
- The report they got from the school (inside the rehab facility) is the best they've gotten since 4th grade :lol: . He has been doing all his work right and doesn't need prompting. The kid is extremely smart, he just didn't apply himself up here.
- He still hasn't had that ' ah ha! ' moment but has admitted his problems

I have been popping my head in Harrison occassionally to see how things sre going and it's good to hear he is doing better.Girls like that have got to go.

Thanks guys,

well they approached him about staying an extra month, which is normal but he doesn't really want to.

I hope he makes the commitment to stay as long as he needs! If he does, that is a very good sign that he is wanting this to work, and taking everything seriously!

I really hope that this awful episode ends soon and your family can put it all behind you.
In the meantime, keep plugging away.
I admire your fortitude and loyalty.
Best wishes
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back