opting out

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I agree with you whole heartedly Thorlifter, but I enjoy the entire forum for I can learn from all here. Karl, I have missed you here and hope you stay. I always enjoy the banter between you, Terry, and Jan. I get a good laugh out of it most of the time and if I ever post anything that offends you, please let me know and I will explain or delete it. I enjoy this place immensely and you are one of the many here who make it that way.

I for one enjoy the forum, true, I only really stick to off topic and photo threads, but that's mainly me being a little less clued up than many of the members on here - I still try to lurk through as many threads as I can. I hope it continues, and that our senior members stick around for a long time to come :)

I have found this place is likened to a college campus. Threads are like dorm rooms. If you don't like what is happening in one, haul off to another. Some threads I avoid, keeps me old blood pressure in check. Others just make you feel better, so I hang around in them! And forums are like amoebas, they expand and contract, just like everything else in the world. One should never Expect Too much from them, what you get is directly proportional to what you contribute.

As far as "I know more than you know" goes........... buster, that is called Help in my language, especially on this forum. I've never heard the phrase "boy are you stupid" or anything close to that in here, at least Not where I hang out.

I Have seen a "You haven't made me sticky yet so I am through with this forum", or "why haven't I got a vote yet, I am as good as anyone in here!". Needless to say, they are no longer with us.

Hang out in a different dorm room, simple as that.

Just sayin.

I think Aaron said it perfectly and called it what it is, i.e. Banter! Now I fully admit that I'm about as sensitive as a doorknob but words on a video screen from someone half a world away have no power over me except what I give them. Maybe I'm Ultra-Thick-Skinned but I have yet to be offended by anyone on the forum.
I have indeed made some "anti-British " comments from time to time but it has always been done humerously (I hope) to people whom I assumed would understand that it was meant in fun and not to hurt or harm. Much like "Get Lucky" could be taken as a vicious all out attack by someone not familiar with the forum. I can remember being new to the forum and reading the posts ABW mentions. I wondered why Jan would put up with those "attacks". It took a while to understand what was going on between them.
The printed word has a difficult time conveying the true meaning behind the words. That's one of the reasons for the little "emoticons".
So Karl if anything I ever posted hurt you or offended you I am deeply sorry. All I can say is that it was never meant to offend anyone anywhere.

Exactly Aaron total agreement. Words have SO many meanings. In person we take meaning not just from the words but from, posture, tone of voice, facial expreaaion, etc. all of which are missing when written down. Go back and look at Chris' last post. It's funny but only because I have some knowlege of Chris and can take meaning "outside of" the words he typed.
The lesson here, maybe, is to let someone know that they have offended you or crossed some line. Do it via a PM and see what kind of response you get. I, for one, cannot read minds and I cannot correct something without feedback.
Golden Rule: You must not offend/hurt other people and if you are other people you must not be too easily offended/hurt

Well, as an Australian I absolutely reserve the right to be anti British :) :) :) :) ... but in a good way.. ;)

Personally I find the modelling section here one of the friendliest places on the net....and the only place I try to regularly visit, even when buried IRL

I echo Glenn's thoughts. Karl, don't leave. F*ck the English, F*ck the Canadians, F*ck the sweetish, (Sorry Jan) F*ck the Americans. We are all the same here.
Model builders.
Pure and simple.
Everyone's country is equally honored even if they were on the "wrong" side of WW2. Time was, and is, a healing thing.
I believe I know of the incident that p*ssed you off. Please PM me about it.

I do like OldCrowCV63's little quote at the bottom of his sig; "None of us is as smart as all of us."

I echo Glenn's thoughts. Karl, don't leave. F*ck the English, F*ck the Canadians, F*ck the sweetish, (Sorry Jan) F*ck the Americans. We are all the same here.

Except for me, I'm dutch :D

But Karl, would be a shame to loose you.

Oh, and if anyone wants to make fun of the dutch..... I'll just fulhearthly agree :lol:

Perhaps in these cases, we need a picture of Terry getting his coat, heading to the door.:twisted:

Geo

I have found the one...

cien.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back