Coming in out of the Cold

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

RAF Liberators

Airman 1st Class
Apr 17, 2009
Englishman in NZ
www.rafb24.com
Hi all
I've been lurking around for a while and thought I'd stop by and say hello..... Hello!!
About me, erm I'm a British ex-pat living in NZ my main interest is the B-24 Liberator in RAF and Commonwealth use. I've run a website about this subject for over 10 years now, links
http://www.acseac.co.uk RAF Liberator Squadrons
I got back in to modelling about a year ago after a long break and have been displaying some stuff on another forum. This forum's not as active as this one but it is friendly and does lack the usual rivet and bolt counters evident in a lot of forums. Maglar says you're a good bunch so I thought I'd make myself known :D
Gary or Gaz (I don't mind which)

Welcome from Poland... I have a photo for you: an oxygen tank from Liberator KH152...( 31 Sq. SAAF ) crashed in south of Poland...

Attachments

• lith7.jpg
    lith7.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 160
  • lith4.jpg
    lith4.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 143
Hi V2 thanks for the photo do you mind if I use it on my site?

Serial Number: KH152
Aircraft Mk Type Mk VI Liberator
Squadrons: 34 SAAF
Details: Missing (Warsaw) 17.10.44

KH152 was shot down whilst its crew were making a scond attempt to deliver supplies to Polish reistance fighters in the Warsaw area. Whilst flying at a height of 11000 feet about 20 miles north-east of Krakow, the aircraft was attacked by a night-fighter its controls were badly damaged and fuel tanks set on fire.

Cheers
Gary

Last edited:
Hi V2 thanks for the photo do you mind if I use it on my site?

Yes, of course. I've an interesting document about KH152 crash. If You are interesting in, I will send it to you tomorrow.

Here is a crash place year ago...

Cheers,
Dominik

Attachments

• lith1.jpg
    lith1.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 141
  • lith5.jpg
    lith5.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 141
Hello Gary, and welcome from the Old Country! I'll send you a PM in a couple of days - you might be able to help me in helping another member searching for Lib MkII info.
BTW, nice pics Dominik.
Terry.

Hi Gary,

Here it is. Document in polish language- information for Polish Red Cross and translations....

Attachments

• fak.PDF
    873.1 KB · Views: 131
  • fak0001.PDF
    722 KB · Views: 156
  • Zdarzenie.pdf
    74.5 KB · Views: 112

Users who are viewing this thread

Back