Osaka Castle dated 4th April, 2010

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The pleasure is mine, Night Fighter Nut.
Thanks for enjoying my photos.
Please try visit Osaka in the future again!

22.jpg

Thanks Wayne.
A special movie on the day for you and your mother!

Attachments

• P1010144.MOV
    12.5 MB · Views: 71
  • P1010144.MOV_000006800.jpg
    P1010144.MOV_000006800.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 92
Please let me update my previous post as I have come across the doors opening today.
As tourists are increasing recently, the city of Osaka decided to utilize this old building, former IJA 4th Division Headquarters, as a rest house limited in the summertime.

Thanks for enjoying my photos, Vassili Zaitzev, Aaron, evangilder and Maximowitz:)

...... This building is located in the same yard as Osaka Castle, about 200 meters apart south from it.
This is famous for the locals but seems not so much for the tourists.

This was the headquarters of 4th Devision of IJA.
They joined the Battle of Bataan as reinforcements during March to May, 1942.
Now deserted.

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

TODAY!
01.JPG
02.JPG
03.JPG
04.JPG
05-1.JPG
05-2.JPG
06.JPG
07.JPG
08.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks David :)

Even a restaurant worker there did not know the building's historical background well.
I told her it and she was surprised.

I thought the T-shirt shop should sell IJA uniforms but most of the tourists there are from China.
I have understood this is not the time for ww2 anymore.

We have those in the US. They are called armories. Many famous ones here in New York City. Some are like time capsules with the architecture frozen from the 1800's. Many are used as venues for art shows and stuff like that. Beautiful buildings and so similar as the one you posted. Amazing.

Thanks Jim :)
The armories sounds a great idea because it is good to let old buildings survive in any style as long as possible for the future generations.

What fewer people know about the 4th Division building, by the way, is that it still has an old table which I estimate was provided for the high-ranking IJA officers in the backyard.
They would have enjoyed beers sitting around it in the summertime evening, even in the summer of 1945.

Osaka_castle_11.JPG
Osaka_castle_12.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Merv for kind checking :)

Here is addition.
The Osaka Castle and the 4th Division building in 1941 and today.

Osaka_Castle_1941.JPG
Osaka_Castle_2012.JPG

Thanks for your kind posts as always, Hugh, Wayne and Wojtek!

I'm ready to receive you anytime, Wayne :)
Weather will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back