Osaka Castle dated 4th April, 2010

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Shinpachi

Lieutenant Colonel
Feb 17, 2008
Osaka
I have taken and arranged these photos for Maximowitz's birthday.
He recommends me to share them with other members too.

Some more may be added later.
Please enjoy.
Thanks.

01_Map.jpg

02_A_watch_house_North-west.jpg

03_Osaka_castle.jpg

04_closeup.jpg

05_closeup_south.jpg
[/

Last edited:
Lovely! It's always great to see the other cities and cultures that the members here are a part of. I'd love to spend a day looking around that castle but it would take a crowbar to get me out of the record and guitar shops in Osaka, I'd have to put a day aside for it!*

*For fans of rock music, Akira Takasaki, guitarist with Japanese band Loudness, was born and resides in Osaka.

Lovely! It's always great to see the other cities and cultures that the members here are a part of. I'd love to spend a day looking around that castle but it would take a crowbar to get me out of the record and guitar shops in Osaka, I'd have to put a day aside for it!*

*For fans of rock music, Akira Takasaki, guitarist with Japanese band Loudness, was born and resides in Osaka.

I have heard some of his music and it's just my opinion, but they flat out ROCK!:headbang:

Excellent shots Shinpachi!! The castle is gorgeous sir!:thumbright: :cool:

Thanks for enjoying my photos, Vassili Zaitzev, Aaron, evangilder and Maximowitz:)

...... This building is located in the same yard as Osaka Castle, about 200 meters apart south from it.
This is famous for the locals but seems not so much for the tourists.

This was the headquarters of 4th Devision of IJA.
They joined the Battle of Bataan as reinforcements during March to May, 1942.
Now deserted.

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Thanks for your interest to my photos Messy1, Gnomey, GG, Aaron and ontos:)

They have no plan to show the inside of the building at the moment but I have ever entered there when it was once used as a museum about twenty years ago (The museum was closed later as another new city museum was built outside the castle). I thought it would be better if it was used as a hotel or a guest house because the old building had a good atmosphere of the 1930s.

The Osaka Castle and the headquarters received several air-attacks during the ww2 because there was a big arsenal in the east of the castle.
You can still see a couple of bullet marks on the north side of the stone wall (red circled).

14.jpg

Thanks Wayne for your visiting this very peaceful springtime thread.
Now, please let me complete with these final photos on the day.
Thanks everyone for watching!

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back