P-38... not sure where to post this

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

at6

1st Sergeant
Jun 15, 2011
Fresno, California
Years ago I knew a modeler by the name of Steve Trone. He died suddenly and this was acquired from his estate. The model has sat here for more years than I can remember and I've decided to finish what he started. It is a Hasegawa P-38L in 1/48 scale which I found to be missing the armor plate/ headrest and cobbled together a reasonable facsimile or so I think. What is assembled in the photo is where he left off. I used the panel from my P-38 F/G/H kit as a template. Sorry for double posting one image.

100_1672.JPG
100_1671.JPG
100_1670.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure he'll thank you.
I think it will be an assembly process that will give you a special feeling and a different satisfaction.
What you show us of the progress so far, looks good and is a very popular twin engine.

You must be sure that it will be pleasant moments and several will enjoy it.

Saludos :thumbup:
Luis Carlos

I have edited the first post a little bit. Now it looks fine. Also the title of the thread was edited. IMHO it is a good place to post this one.

:) :thumbright:

Thanks Wurger. Where Steve left off is my starting point with this one. I'm going to have to paint and assemble the control column as the first order of business since I don't understand why he left it out of the first step. Installing it will be a bit of a challenge.

Great work on that P38. I have always loved this aircraft and have several models of the various versions from fighter to P38 Droop snoot with a bombardier in the nose to the two seat P38M Night fighter. Must have started when my late Dad told me about his time in the Royal Navy as a Sonar man on Atlantic convoys. Two P38s caught a German FW 200 Kondor over Reykjavik (Had to spell check THAT baby!) and shot it down. He reckoned every British sailor in the harbour was on deck cheering, cos as you know those aircraft were the ones which trailed convoys and whistled up the wolf packs of U Boats. Great work buddy, Best Regards from UK, Whitewolf

Great work on that P38. I have always loved this aircraft and have several models of the various versions from fighter to P38 Droop snoot with a bombardier in the nose to the two seat P38M Night fighter. Must have started when my late Dad told me about his time in the Royal Navy as a Sonar man on Atlantic convoys. Two P38s caught a German FW 200 Kondor over Reykjavik (Had to spell check THAT baby!) and shot it down. He reckoned every British sailor in the harbour was on deck cheering, cos as you know those aircraft were the ones which trailed convoys and whistled up the wolf packs of U Boats. Great work buddy, Best Regards from UK, Whitewolf

Thank you. I'm slowly progressing with the continuation of this model. I keep finding things that Steve should have done at earlier sequences. It makes building difficult but not impossible.

An update to this project. Will have to take some photos soon as I am now putting decals on it. Had to order a Superscale decal sheet from Ebay as I had one on the left vertical stabilizer go South on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back