P-40K Col. Robert L. Scott Commander 23rd Fighter Group, 1943 China

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So Glenn looks like maybe the 2nd set down L/side of the decal sheet and you painting the med blue for the sharks mouth as a start?and then the red eyes from another group.Almost more a purple in the sharks mouth deepening on how accurate the profile or my monitor is.
I'm less concerned about matching color in the profiles than matching the shape of the shark mouth and eyes from the photo of Scott and the P-40K in post #1. I think any colors like that in the profiles would be a guess as all the existing photos seem to be B/W

The AMtech P-40E I bought recently has optional fish-tail exhaust stacks included with it and since those molds are based on the AMT p-40 series they fit nicely on my P-40K. Here is the result of more than an hour work with a small drill in a pin-vice and a hobby knife to hollow out the stacks. Should look better after paint and weathering.
P4064651.JPG

Last edited:
Finished up the exhaust stacks and the radiators last night. If I can get away to the work bench later tonight I'll glue the fuselage halves together.
P4144682.JPG
P4144684.JPG
P4144683.JPG
P4144685.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back