P-40K Col. Robert L. Scott Commander 23rd Fighter Group, 1943 China (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice T Bolt i see your from Chicago i live in the quad cities about 2.5 hrs away.

Nice T Bolt i see your from Chicago i live in the quad cities about 2.5 hrs away.
North side, a few miles west of Wriggly Field. Never been to the quad cities although I do get to the La Salle-Peru area quite a bit in the summertime with my little ski boat on the Illinois River.

Looks good Glenn. So you have two P-40's on the go right?
I've been meaning to do Scott's P40-K for years and thought it would be a good time to get it done. I still have a couple of 1/48th P-40's in the stash plus a few in 1/72nd

I found another profile of Scott's P-40K Right under my nose in Bert Kinzey's P-40 Warhawk In Detail Scale Part 2. I know I looked for it there but must have missed it. The new profile is on top, and the second one was supplied by Karl (Rochie)

The location of Scott's name and the shark-mouth on the new profile seem to match the picture I have of Scott and his P-40K better, and it also supplies a serial number (which I will be checking into further) so I will follow this one for the markings. The weathering and staining on the second profile matches the photos I have pretty well, so I will be using it for a guide when painting and weathering.
ScannedImage-11.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg
ScannedImage-12.jpg
RLScott.jpg

Last edited:
After much struggle I managed to get the engine cover panels installed with all the edges lined up (more or less). A little cleanup will be needed but it's minor.
P2034207.JPG

Last edited:
Thank you gentlemen.
The mailman brought this fabulous decal sheet today. Although it doesn't have an option for Scott's p-P-40K, it does have one for his P-40E and I can make up the markings for his 'K' from elsewhere on the sheet with the exception of the serial numbers which I can make up myself easily enough. The sheet has so many great options for P-40s that I just might have to go out and buy another one or three!
ScannedImage-7.jpg
ScannedImage-3.jpg
ScannedImage-4.jpg
ScannedImage-5.jpg
ScannedImage-6.jpg

Last edited:
Some nice decals Glenn!I have used some Sky's before and they are nice and affordable for all the options they supply.I had the Trump P40B out think'in this and the AM's P51A recon bird but said naw'll have to go the Betty.I just have not been able to climb into a P40 build in years and the same holds for the P38 :dontknow: Cheers

So Glenn looks like maybe the 2nd set down L/side of the decal sheet and you painting the med blue for the sharks mouth as a start?and then the red eyes from another group.Almost more a purple in the sharks mouth deepening on how accurate the profile or my monitor is.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back