Pilgrim State Psychiatric Center

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
I was just looking up random things and this came up....

Where is it? It looks extremely creepy. With blood on the ground, abandoned stretchers. etc.

This is the info given on the page.

"This place used to be the largest mental hospital in the world and they did some crazy **** to the patients...They did over 2,000 Lobotomies (Surgery in which they remove part of your brain) without having proper knowledge of how to. They also did a lot of shock-therapy along with psychoactive drug experiments on the patients and who knows if its "Haunted" or not. Most of its knocked down now and there is a state trooper precinct on the property so its tough to get in sometimes, not to mention the meth heads and bums...."

Google Image Result for http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f386/REDDAWNPRODUCTIONS/Tart_Cart.jpg

Harrison,

That isn't even the best abandoned asylum on Long Island. Kings Park is way better. And those are by no means the only ones. I would never had thought Long Island had that many crazy people...oh wait a second...it still does. Check them all out here:

Long Island Oddities

Enjoy!

Capt. Vick

Speaking of abandoned stuff, me and my dad visited El Toro Marine Corps Air Station last summer. I was playing in a water polo tournament in Irvine and had some time to kill so we went there and some other helicopter airbase (name escapes me). I was really cool but just sad at the same time to see the huge base just rotting away.

Speaking of abandoned stuff, me and my dad visited El Toro Marine Corps Air Station last summer. I was playing in a water polo tournament in Irvine and had some time to kill so we went there and some other helicopter airbase (name escapes me). I was really cool but just sad at the same time to see the huge base just rotting away.
Probably the Marine Corps Air Station Tustin

El Toro and it are near each other.
I used to dive by both of them all the time.

IMO, it was a sad day when they closed them.

Wheels

I hope you took some good pictures of the blimp hangars for posterity.
The last I heard they were going to be torn down for a housing project.

The housing project may be on hold due to the economy but if things pick up the hangars will be most likely be gone.

Wheels

Funny how that works. The economy is bad, people are out of a job, so they're going to put this project of tearing down hangars and building some sort of housing development on hold until people get jobs and start earning money again......when said tear-down-and-build-in-place project would create how many jobs, keeping how many people gainfully employed and earning a paycheck again? Don't get me wrong, I hate to see landmarks like that torn down, but still...!

It was pretty sad to see. I think I had some pictures of some of the El Toro hangars as well as the one pic from Tustin but I took them with the camera on my old phone....

Reminds me of a story from my youth.

My brother had muscular dystrophy as a young kid. Being the Ahole older brother that I was I had asked him if he wanted to go for a ride to a haunted house. I was 16 and he was twelve. We drove to this old house that was obviously abandoned and run down. It was dated about the turn of the 19th century and looked VERY creepy. If you drove by the house as the sun was just setting, the waning sunlight would reflect off the upper dormatory window. It would kinda glint just briefly like someone was "up there".

Well I played it to the hilt, he saw the light and I pretended like I had never seen that before. And then the bad part. I convinced him to get out of the car with me and peek in the back door. So I get out his wheelchair... yeah this gets worse... lift him in it and wheel him slowly through the tall weeds to the back door. Just as we get to the door, I toss a little rock against the house, scream like a girl and run away.

Now I didn't run far. Maybe 20yds at the most. You can guess the reaction.

I regret having done that to this day. I think about it VERY often. I'm gonna pay for that one I think.

Those pics remind me of back when I was a teenager. I was dating a girl up in England and would fly up and visit her. Anyhow we (along with some of her friends) went to an old Psychiatric center similar to that one and broke in. There were still beds and wheelchairs laying around. It was pretty spooky!

Places like that make for some of the most amazing B&W photography! I love that late-19th-early-20th-century architecture! Head back over...and if you can get your mitts on some B&W INFRARED film (take all precautions with it....if you get some, let me know and I'll give you some tips), the shots will be even better! Too bad the vandals have hit the place already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back