Post photos of your place of work / work space

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks FalkeEins, we usually start prepping the day before then cook and plate everything on the day of the wedding, normally do it on my own, 6 hours prep and cooking, 2 hours plating up then about 10 minutes to serve each course.
service takes a bit longer the more your feeding obviously :D
I visit about 30 kitchens a day , its a real tough racket in the food industry . :salute: Its surprising how few cook from scratch

I visit about 30 kitchens a day , its a real tough racket in the food industry . :salute: Its surprising how few cook from scratch
when i first started here they used to buy all desserts, ready prepped veg and potato's and even yorkshire puddings.
reckon i saved about £2.50 per customer on a wedding and we do 100 weddings a year for an average of 120 people.
so thats about £3000 cost price for a years worth weddings just by making thing in house.
getting tougher all the time as bossestry to serve more customers with less waiters and less chefs, but want the same standereds of service and food :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ah. The ole "trim from the bottom to show profits at the top" routine. Eventually your base will get too thin to support the bloated mass at the top, unfortunately.

I've seen that Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares episode, Rapid. With a few "f#ck me's" and "Oh dears..." nothing can't be fixed. Right, Rochie? :lol:

Ah. The ole "trim from the bottom to show profits at the top" routine. Eventually your base will get too thin to support the bloated mass at the top, unfortunately.

your dead right RA, thats why i'm looking to get out !

Matt belive it or not we had a full staff meeting about swearing and it has been banned as it upsets people :rolleyes: and i actually had a ticking off on thursday for saying a member of staff was a F**kwitt because she'd booked a table for her and six friends to eat at 6 oclock then turned up at 8 oclock right in the middle of our busy period.......

My work space. Me working as a cellphone technician. This is what I have to do every day.

Photo420.jpg

Photo419.jpg

Photo421.jpg

Photo422.jpg

Lol, no it is not that confusing. Every phone is booked in with a number, and if the client comes in you can find the phone with the number, but it is not easy work.

henk

that looks like illegal contraban, so I am calling the cops ! 8)

Ha ha ha ha... Weird enough the bastards tried to break in last night at the shop, but the cops saw them and they fled except for the one guy, but they broke our front gate and tried to break the safety glass of the front door with a hammer. These days here in the town I live they do not rob a place anymore, they blow open the saves with explosives.

T Bolt my one friend dit that as well, I must give it to you guys that is hard work.

Henk, I like the strategically placed bottle of PowerAid! :)

TBolt, I did high work years ago in residential construction. 100 feet off the ground on a line, forget it - 10,000 feet up in a plane, now thats livin'!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back