Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking forward to entering the next competition now. Although I have a lot to learn still

In the meantime I'm getting the modelling skills honed and practicing my acrylic painting. I'm getting there...I think. This is Revell's 1/72 Handley Page Halifax model, my second so far (I haven't bothered with the Stuka yet) I really enjoyed making this kit, but had a few frustrating moments with the acrylics. I think the yellow is a bit thick in comparison with the actual aircraft, but I'm happy with it. I also messed up the window types near the bombardiers pit, on this variant it should be the bubble type windows. I got a bit of misting on the smaller windows too, which is annoying me a little but otherwise ok!

21st Century Toys "Zero". I don't normally do Japanese subjects so the paints cost more than the kit!

This was a quick stop gap as I was waiting for my PCM Tempest V to arrive. A rather more substantial project

Cheers

Steve

Here's an oddball F-104. I found the photo online. Probably a drone by the colors and serial. Its an old Hasegawa kit in 1/72.
Ed

Attachments

• DSC08156.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC08161.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC08165.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC08168.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC08169.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC08170.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC08171.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 73
That F104 looks great......and bright!

I've started the PCM Tempest now. I've built some of their kits before so I was prepared for a bit of a wrestle, which turns out to be just as well!

Those 21st Century Toys kits are very basic but that Zero has a more than decent interior and, as for all their sadly now discontinued kits, if you throw away all the screws etc and build it like any other model I reckon you end up with a decent model. I paid less than £10 for the Zero!

Cheers

Steve

Nice one Ed.
Yes Steve, those 21st Century kits can be made into nice models with just a little bit of work. I did their Bf109G-14, and the 'Zero' as a Luftwaffe 'what if?'. And their pilot figures are very good - I have the two from the kits which I might adapt for a possible diorama at some date.

And their pilot figures are very good - I have the two from the kits which I might adapt for a possible diorama at some date.

I meant to mention that. They are very good indeed and were a rarity when so many kits don't include crew anymore.
Cheers
Steve

Here is Chinese a Mig-15. I thought the camo was striking. The kit is from KP in 1/72.
Ed

Attachments

• DSC08176.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC08177.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC08179.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC08180.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC08183.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 99