Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Loving the airbrush quality camo on that 190. Need to get into that!
The TA4 is almost finished...just a few more things to do. Photos attached, put the A4K next to it for comparison. I haven't weathered the TA4, I don't know why... the low vis scheme was typical of the Skyhawks of the RNZAF in their final 10 years service. the gold scheme was applied in 1987 to commemorate 75 years of the Royal New Zealand Air Force.

Here is a copy of the souvenir program of the commemoration year, I was 5 when dad gave me this. It has survived somehow! Have wanted to built that TA4 since then...

cheers
Andrew

Nice work Zodiac, and welcome to the forum. Pics are a bit small to fully appreciate the models though.
Good stuff with the A-4's Yak. Did you apply a gloss clear coat before the decals on the 'low viz' scheme? Looks like some 'silvering' around the larger decals.

I've always liked them little jump jets, one landed on the Yorktown when I was onner in '63. It was from a VMF sqn with a black sheep logo on the side!!

Hi Airframes,

Well spotted no I didn't. It has taken me years to figure out some of these things..with the darker colour it really shows up. Not a lot of decals on the model but still..

cheers
Yakflyer

Very nice. What did you use for gold paint? I have an RCAF F-86 that is going to require a gold scheme.

Geo

I trialed several colours (on the spruce) including Burnt Orange and Metallic bronze, neither were remotely close, ended up resorting to an acryllic from Tamiya, Gold Leaf X-12. This was definitely very close to how this aircraft looked.
Airframes, yeh could look at that but as you said, very fiddly. Tempted to do yet another A4, a two seater with the same low vis green scheme (have the decals for it), so may be an opportunity to get the decals right!

cheers
yakflyer

I've been working on this for a while, having received the 1/72 Hasegawa Lancaster as a gift. 1/72 is not my usual scale, I now have a permanent groove in my bonce from wearing the magnifier continuously

It's been built into a diorama with various bits from Airfix and the spares box in memory of the men of Bomber Command, particularly those who came from the Commonwealth, and in the case of many in this squadron all the way from Australia.

This was conceived before the Aussies gave us a good spanking in the Ashes series!

The Lancaster is ED621, PO-V, of No. 467 (Australian) Squadron lost with all her crew on a raid to Munich on 2/3 October 1943. Hasegawa get the serial number wrong on the decal sheet.

Pilot: P/O. Robert Harder N/Z415692 R.N.Z.A.F. Age 26. Killed

Fl/Eng: Sgt. George Kenneth Barnes 546801 R.A.F. Age ? Killed

Nav: F/O. Milton Edwin Garbutt AUS/413976 R.A.A.F. Age 24. Killed

Nav 2: Fl/Sgt. Allan Walter Wright AUS/418609 R.A.A.F. Age 20. Killed

Air.Bmr: Fl/Sgt. Graham Ernest Potter AUS/410088 R.A.A.F. Age 21. Killed

W/Op/Air/Gnr: Sgt. William James Baker 1334345 R.A.F.V.R. Age 20. Missing.

Air/Gnr: Sgt. Norman Sidaway 1499834 R.A.F.V.R. Age 23. Killed

Air/Gnr: Fl/Sgt. Frank Pullom AUS/414161 R.A.A.F. Age 28. Killed

Here she is......'BOMBING UP'

Steve

Last edited:
very fine work Steve !

while I'm here I just wanted to thank Terry ('Airframes') for having the kindness to print me some home-made codes for my latest - an AZ Spit IX (1:72) - this is a representation of Tom Neil's 'silver Spitfire' after it was taken over by the Polish liaison to 2nd TAF in early 1945...cheers Terry, your decals worked brilliantly...

Users who are viewing this thread