Post Your Models! (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Catch, you are now in my admiration list. Your collection is not only well done, but also well displayed. Kiss your mom for me. Just be sure you use your mouth and not Les'. ;)

Guys, just my way to say thanks for all of the advice I have received both directly and indirectly (browsing).

This is my first model in about 20-25 years. The last one I can recollect doing was when I was about 15.

My love of warbirds and flying things has never died with a small move into RC aircraft for a while, but expense and life saw to that. So now I am back into modelling and loved every single bit of this model (in retrospect).

So my efforts after a one month build:

1/32 Hasegawa P-47 D (out of the box, of course):

P1000533.gif
P1000534.gif
P1000535.gif

Last edited:
High praise coming form you guys, thank you. Feel free top pm any tips, except for filling and sanding gaps... I noticed that one all by myself! I'll practice weathering etc on the next one, Spec Hobby P-39 (RAAF) which I am a little scared of...

Last edited:
Very nice job, especially for the first model in so long. That joint you already spotted, on top of the nose - if you run a thin line of PVA adhesive into this, off the tip of a cocktail stick, then wipe off any excess with a wet finger tip, that'll fill it good enough. You might have to repeat this once the glue dries, as it might shrink back slightly. Once it's hardened (about 30 minutes) you can re-paint the area to match in. Should look fine.

Thanks for the tip Airframes. I have decided to leave her as is. A baseline for me to reflect on how I am progressing skill wise. Awesome tip for the next one though!

You're welcome. It's a handy way to fill fine joints or gaps, where fillers won't reach, and useful if a gap appears after the initial filling before painting etc. It's also a good way to blend-in canopies and windscreens.

Yep, nice P47 Wedge.

I've got a P47 waiting to start, but it's a P47N which saw very little service at the end of the war, and didn't go to Korea (despite the pilots preferring it to have gone). What I really want is a P47D 'bubbletop' like yours :D which saw lots of action in Europe and Pacific wars.

Well the 'N' certainly saw service in the Pacific war, so you could do it as one of those, and still get a'D' or 'M'. If you prefer 1/48th scale, I can thoroughly reccomend the Academy P47 kits - very nice indeed, and a cheaper alternative to the Hasegawa/Tamiya offerings, with a good amount of optional parts, including weighted and unweighted wheels, gunsights etc.

Here is a well worn Ki-46 "Dinah" in surrender markings. I ran into the photo and thought it would be neat to try. I painted and decaled the model in standard JAAF markings. The plane must have been transfered before the war endied as there are remnants of two different markings on the tail. I overlaid two sets of decals on the tail and then did the whole model over in a light coat of white paint.When dry, I wet sanded the aircraft with 800 Grit sand paper to wear away the paint. The kit is a 1/72 Arii remakle of the old LS kit.
Ed

Attachments

• DSC01703.jpg
    DSC01703.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC01704.jpg
    DSC01704.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC01708.jpg
    DSC01708.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC01710.jpg