Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice work on the Cub and B17 guys.
Loiner, which kit is the Cub? I fancy doing one for the D Day Stripes GB.

Thanks.
The kit is the Hobbycraft one (which I think is a Canadian make), and has decals for the standard famous civilian versian and early war US markings.

hccs1455.jpg

They had it in one of my local shops, and I took a bit of a fancy to it and bought it, then started to research about the type's history and got quite absorbed in finding out about them.

I did a bit of research, and found that most of the Piper Cubs (named L-4 'Grasshopper' in military service) had a modified larger glazed area without the curved back window, but was otherwise very similar; but not exclusively as some civilian Cubs were pressed into military service. My point being that if you want to do a D-Day Grasshopper (which were well used at the time), it would be worth looking out for a dedicated Grasshopper kit.

Hope that helps,
Rob

Here's my B-17G (1/48 Revell/Monogram) that I got some 20 years ago and finished a couple of years back. It was my first try with airbrushing, but I hadn't learned how to install decals correctly yet.

Thanks for posting your B17, I've been toying with the idea of a 1:48 B17 for a while, and seeing your prime example has wetted my appetite for one again. Good work, she looks stunning.

Obviously not all of these are mine, but a good chunk of them are so I guess I'll put them in this thread. These are pictures of the shelving units we have in the basement. The first one in the pictures is the last one built, and was purpose built to house models as we had run out of room. It was built in the summer, and as you can see we're filling it up quite quickly! :oops: Some of the shelves are sparse though, so there's plenty more room!

What an eclectic mix of subjects, fascinating to have a look through an interesting range there (good to see a bit of armour and a Bismark class BB too ;) ).

Nice set up Cory. Those modesl of the Tilly lamp and electric fan are very realistic......!
Thanks for the info on the Cub Rob. I used to get the chance to fly one a number of years ago. It was imported into the UK off the French register, having been used for aerial photography, and was in a horrible dirty white paint scheme at first. But it had originally been with the US Army in WW2, and was eventually re-painted in it's original, authentic colour scheme. Beaut of an aircraft to fly, and almost impossible to stall. I'm toying with the idea of a mini-diorama with a Cub (Grasshopper) and Jeep for the D-Day Stripes GB, so it's a toss-up between the Hobbycraft (they are Canadian) kit, easily converted to military configuration, or the Smer kit, which is an L3/4, but will need some work on detailing.

Hay guys nice models over the last few pages really like the Tanks catch 22.
I have been doing some tanks myself and will post a few shots when they are finished.
Havn't posted for a while and have done quite a few modles since I last posted.
14muzw9.jpg

Airfix Spitfire PRXIX 1/72
hwn9fd.jpg

Revell P-38 Lightning 1/72
14segaw.jpg

Airfix Bristol Bueafighter MKVI 1/72
2r3z1us.jpg

Revell Bristol Bueafighter MKX Night Intruder 1/72
xc0jty.jpg

Revell Ki84 B 1/72

Users who are viewing this thread

Back