Quotes and Jokes

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FB_IMG_1581622184803.jpg

I agree - all the Windows programmes I've used, 98, XP and Win 7 were quick and easy, whereas this bl**dy thing is complicated for the sake of it, with un-needed changes that require multiple inputs instead of a simple 'click', and need time and lots of patience to find anything.

That may be so, and I'm sure there are many, many users who operate Win 10 without problems
However, I've just been familiarising myself with some of the 'systems' within Win 10, those that appear to be working without problems, and all of them take more time, and more stages to operate.
As an example, to scan a pic and add it to an existing folder in XP and Win 7 took seconds, clicking on scanner, scanning and selecting the required folder. In Win 10, it has taken longer, having to find the control panel, then locate the scanner, then activate the scanner, scan and then manually input the folder name, exactly as it is filed, then save the scanned image to that file.
In Win 7, finding the required folder was a one character input in the required 'box'. For example, typing F would bring up every folder starting with F. Typing F-5 would reveal all folders with that in the title, and if I input F-5 swiss build, it would again reveal all relevant folders, including the correct one, entitled F-5E Swiss build, whereas in Win 10, if the title was not completely correctly entered, say as F-5 swiss build, then a new folder, with that title, is created. Also, Win 7 showed the list of the last most frequently used destinations, making things simpler still.
Even the bl**dy Start menu is a mess, and I get the impression that some post grad whizz kid has designed this system because he can, not because it required up-dating.
Improvements are good and welcome, but if the bl**dy thing works, isn't broken and is simple to use, then don't bl**dy fix it !!!

That may be so, and I'm sure there are many, many users who operate Win 10 without problems
However, I've just been familiarising myself with some of the 'systems' within Win 10, those that appear to be working without problems, and all of them take more time, and more stages to operate.
As an example, to scan a pic and add it to an existing folder in XP and Win 7 took seconds, clicking on scanner, scanning and selecting the required folder. In Win 10, it has taken longer, having to find the control panel, then locate the scanner, then activate the scanner, scan and then manually input the folder name, exactly as it is filed, then save the scanned image to that file.
In Win 7, finding the required folder was a one character input in the required 'box'. For example, typing F would bring up every folder starting with F. Typing F-5 would reveal all folders with that in the title, and if I input F-5 swiss build, it would again reveal all relevant folders, including the correct one, entitled F-5E Swiss build, whereas in Win 10, if the title was not completely correctly entered, say as F-5 swiss build, then a new folder, with that title, is created. Also, Win 7 showed the list of the last most frequently used destinations, making things simpler still.
Even the bl**dy Start menu is a mess, and I get the impression that some post grad whizz kid has designed this system because he can, not because it required up-dating.
Improvements are good and welcome, but if the bl**dy thing works, isn't broken and is simple to use, then don't bl**dy fix it !!!
Couldn't agree more. Seems like they made it more complex just for the sake of it with no benefit of additional capability.
Seems like there is alot of that being designed into alot of things these days i.e.
complexity just for the sake of complexity as if somehow being more complex makes things better.

Couldn't agree more. Seems like they made it more complex just for the sake of it with no benefit of additional capability.
Seems like there is alot of that being designed into alot of things these days i.e.
complexity just for the sake of complexity as if somehow being more complex makes things better.
I use window 10 between a tablet and a desktop, and this is the reason why things like the start menu changed: to keep a similar experience between both platforms, and not have to have different operating systems. To be honest, I prefer it over 7.

I use window 10 between a tablet and a desktop, and this is the reason why things like the start menu changed: to keep a similar experience between both platforms, and not have to have different operating systems. To be honest, I prefer it over 7.
Well at least there's a reason for it when it comes to Windows then. Still, sometimes it makes me want to pull out whats left of my own hair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back