Quotes and Jokes (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nah...that's fake news. "In the field" means Travelodge/Motel 6 for the RAF....ask me how I know! :)

I read of a USAAF crew that flew into Morocco at a base that was frantically being constructed. They were told, "We are hard pressed right now, and can provide you a place to sleep but you'll have to make your own beds." They replied that was no problem.

They were handed a bunch of boards and a saw.

I guess that is where that old joke comes from.

Q-15 items.jpg
Q-3 women.png
Q-fort nongender.png
Q-nurses.jpg
Q-safety first.jpg
Q-sneezed.jpg

I read of a USAAF crew that flew into Morocco at a base that was frantically being constructed. They were told, "We are hard pressed right now, and can provide you a place to sleep but you'll have to make your own beds." They replied that was no problem.

They were handed a bunch of boards and a saw.

I guess that is where that old joke comes from.
RAF Hibblestow was a fighter base but had the runways for a bomber base. In late 1944 a squadron of B17's were diverted here due to unexpected weather. They were able to find somewhere for the crews to sleep, but ran out of cutlery. An appeal was sent around the village and they scraped enough to cover the requirement

In reality, the U.S. culture is a blend. The geographical names come mostly from native americans, while the immigrants brought their uniquely own, whether voluntarily or by force.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back