Quotes and Jokes (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sure you can. You're just not trying hard enough.

Ok, I'll try harder.

In all honesty, though, they treat me well. They treat me like an actual human being. They treat me very un-American like. You know, allowing me to have a positive work-life balance. It's pretty odd actually now that I think about it.

Last edited:
I really cannot complain about my employer.
Note that OK City ALC is The FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. You know, those people who some poor fools think are so compassionate that they will solve all their personal problems.

While I was there, during an especially hard winter, 1977-78, they were posting notices in the Daily Bulletin reminding everyone that ONLY flight line personnel were authorized to wear parkas and that if you had a parka issued to you from another assignment you could not wear it. No senior officer was thinking, "These ice and snow storms are coming so quickly that the old stuff does not even have time to melt. What can we do to help our people get through this?"

I did not give a damn what they said. I had a civilian parka and wore it. It was blue so the government civilians I worked with thought it was USAF issue.

Very well informed people.
USAF N3B parkas are sage green.

Oh, I aware. I worked for the federal government for many years.

How many people drink tea in the DESERT?

When the paras seized Pegasus Bridge in the wee hours of 6 Jun 1944, they secured the area, seized a small German cannon mounted on the bridge and, delighted with their new toy, proceeded to shoot it at anything and anyone that looked suspicious. One of them decided to brew a pot of tea and a blast from that cannon dumped a whole bunch of dust and dirt right into it, greatly distressing the brewer.

No Sir, I am not so bad at brewing tea.
And about polite British, during our shooting challenges in France or UK (before they forbid about anything), they were rather interested at learning french rude expressions.
By the way, the first time I went to Texas, everyone seemed to drink ice tea. I wondered why you threw away full boat loads of tea at Boston ?

Iced tea of more of a Southern thing, but we're educating the rest of the country on the 3 kinds.

1 - Unsweetened Ice Tea (for non believers)
2 - Sweet Iced Tea (for normal folks)
3 - Southern Sweetened Ice Tea (for those wanting diabetes).

#3 is basically pure sugar with a very faint tea flavor

Users who are viewing this thread