Quotes and Jokes (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

On second thought, I am glad I never got one of these.

Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 09-57-15 toy-submarine-comic-book-ad-plastic-green-armyman-t-shirt.jp...png

View attachment 726562
Probably appeared near the "X-Ray Specs" and "The Making of Mac" Charles Atlas ads in the comics. "Wait, here's something I owe you!!!"

The ad's age is also given away by the lack of any lawyer-authored large-print disclaimers that read "WARNING TO KIDS AND PARENTS: THIS KIT IS AN IMITATION, MAKE-BELIEVE TOY SUBMARINE ONLY INTENDED FOR BACKYARD FUN AND ADVENTURE. IT IS NOT AN OFFENSIVE NUCLEAR WEAPON CAPABLE OF DESTROYING VAST SWATHS OF CIVILIZATION, WHILE DIVING TO INCREDIBLE DEPTHS IN WATER WAY OVER YOUR HEAD. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO HUNT DOWN AND KILL RED OCTOBER, AND DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TAKE YOUR EXPLORER FRIENDS ON A TITANIC-VIEWING EXPEDITION.

Boy, C.O.D. and 75 cents shipping.........those were the days!

The ad's age is also given away by the lack of any lawyer-authored large-print disclaimers
Some actual warnings on items:

"Does Not Enable You To Fly" on a Superman costume.

"This is a Deadly Weapon and Can Kill You" on both a Marlin 30-30 rifle and a Colt Model 1911 .45 automatic.

"Do Not Drive With Sun Shield In Place" on an automobile windshield sun shield. I thought this absurd until I encountered a woman driving with one in place.

View attachment 726562
That reminded me of the old Johnson Smith ads that used to be in the pages of comics. MAD Comics did a great satire on those ads. "...looks like a real cannon. Perfectly safe as long as you don't stand in front of muzzle when firing."

:oops:
mad021printid.jpg

If there is one thing I despise, it is poorly written manuals, and it seems that the one for the Tesla car does not even show where the gas filler cap is located.
Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 13-57-13 Most Ridiculous Moments Caught on Camera - YouTube.png

So a kind gentleman came over to help her and the both of them still could not figure it out.
Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 13-58-31 Most Ridiculous Moments Caught on Camera - YouTube.png

Now, I have personally seen a gas station blow up and would not watch this activity from closer than a block away.

If there is one thing I despise, it is poorly written manuals, and it seems that the one for the Tesla car does not even show where the gas filler cap is located.
View attachment 726587
So a kind gentleman came over to help her and the both of them still could not figure it out.
View attachment 726588

Now, I have personally seen a gas station blow up and would not watch this activity from closer than a block away.

That has nothing to do with an owner's manual. That is all the owner who has no clue what they are doing, only that it is "socially responsible" but don't know why.

Some actual warnings on items:

"Does Not Enable You To Fly" on a Superman costume.

"This is a Deadly Weapon and Can Kill You" on both a Marlin 30-30 rifle and a Colt Model 1911 .45 automatic.

"Do Not Drive With Sun Shield In Place" on an automobile windshield sun shield. I thought this absurd until I encountered a woman driving with one in place.
My brother had the Superman costume with the "can't fly" warning. I thought it also read, "Only the real Superman can fly" "Real" and "can", as if he existed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back