Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks chaps. The box is huge, but true to life, the tank inside is tiny - about 3/4 the size of the Chieftain. It looks to be very high quality though, I'm hoping it goes together as well as the Chieftain did

Could not resist this one even though I have not heard great things about CA kits. I have their P-51H which looks a bit iffy. Still, I really like the 1/48 Whirlwind and I've been looking for one at the right price - so here it is. Anybody put one together?

Cheers

Peter

Attachments

• P1030034.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 62
  • P1030033.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 60
Oh man....that CA Whirlwind is really something! I still want one really bad, but haven't found any that didn't cost me an arm and a leg. I did catch the recent Special Hobby 1/72 releases though (all three of 'em). But still on the lookout for the 1/48 CA kit. Crikey sure is a sight to see! Pity (in a way) it's potential wasn't used. In numbers and with it's teething troubles ironed out, I think it could have been a really potent ground attack a/c for the RAF very early in the war

Last edited:
Not a purchase as such, but a very generous gift from David (VikingBerserker), for which I will be forever grateful - thanks again my friend!
This is the Mexican-produced, Modelcraft of Canada issue of the original Revell 1/32nd scale Dh Mosquito BIV, which I've been trying to obtain for at least 15 years, ever since my last one, built as a PRXVI, spun in off a high shelf!
As David pointed out, the kit lacks its box, decals and transparent parts and, in transit, it's suffered some damage to the starboard fuselage half. But none of these issues are major, as I will be converting the kit into the fighter-bomber FBVI version, with many corrections and improvements along the way., and intend to start fairly soon, once current projects are finished.
The pics show the instruction sheet (one page missing - no problem) and some of the main parts to give an idea of size, and the easily repaired frontal damage. As this will be totally altered in shape, and have internal bracing and fittings, the damage really is of little concern to me.
THANK YOU very much again David, I am now a VERY happy bunny !!

Attachments

• Mossie 32 scale 003.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 71
  • Mossie 32 scale 001.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Mossie 32 scale 002.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 70
Thanks Dirk. There's a lot of work ahead with this, but it will be rather special, as it'll be the 21 Sqn aircraft flown by my American friend, in December 1944. Really looking forward to getting to grips with this one - lots of scratch-built detail to make !

Users who are viewing this thread