RENO 2010 (and some other stuff)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Another busy day - 14 hours. Curt brown set another course record in the fist viper L29. 540 mph! We qualed second at about 520. I think we have our hands full!

Hey Joe, thats great news on your promo'....just think, most guys go to Reno with a pit crew of maybe a dozen or so helpers....you go and you've got the biggest crew of 'em all rooting for ya...us (yeah, its a bit of a handicap, but I'm sure you'll cope :)!.

Don't worrry about pictures mate....yeah righty !.... work hard, fly safe and above all, enjoy.

Now...about those pictures ? :)

Thanks for all the support folks!

We worked our butts off trying to make "Euroburner" as fast as possible - 12 and 14 hour days. Played with the CG and some other "tricks" to squeeze every last drop of speed out of her. Although we still took second, it was a thrill to have that lead in the gold for only that brief time.

OK guys - I feel terrible. I was only able to take 3 pictures while there. The other one is in the post about the Thunder Mustang crash. Here's the other two

Attachments

• F7F.jpg
    F7F.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 135
  • fw190.jpg
    fw190.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 136
You got that right Eric!

BTW - my "replacement" John Hammods did a bang up job running the show. He was the crew chief on Brad Morehouse's plane when we lost him back in 07'. I was glad he took this job and came back a winner. He's a class act and kept my name on the right side of the aircraft. On Mike's program I was the "Assistant" Crew Chief.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back