RENO 2010 (and some other stuff) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FLYBOYJ

"THE GREAT GAZOO"
Apr 9, 2005
Colorado, USA
OK folks - its been a while since I did a rant SO LISTEN UP!!!! (Boy I sound like R. Lee Ermey!)

Some of you may have noticed I haven't been on here much, just dropping in once in a while for a comment or two or to kick off a spammer. It's been a rough few months. Virginia and I split up almost 2 months ago. Things are slowly falling into place and our kids are adjusting to the new situation (actually better than I ever thought). Some of the other Mods knew about this so I thought I might just throw it out there to the rest of the family. I'm well, my kids are well and even my soon-to-be ex is doing well. I think this will eventually be the best for all of us!

Now RENO!

I'm no longer Mike Mangold'g crew chief - not a bad thing as I am now a Tech Inspector within the jet class actually working for RJI

Racing Jets Inc.: The Organization for Jet Racing

My job is to make sure all the jets are complying with the class rules and to make sure they are safe to fly, so this is kind of a promotion...

When the races start I'll be in Mike's pit "helping out." ;)

I leave this Saturday for the week. The tool box is ready to go. A Pelican box with all but one drawer shadowed. Just enough tools to do a rapid repair on the line. No frills, just functional.

I'm pumped. Mike did a bunch of mods to the plane so we feel we're very competitive. I lost 16 pounds, I run at least a mile every other day (I do a "casual" mile in 9:52, not bad for a 51 year old!). I'm hoping this will be the best year yet. I'll try to post pics of all classes, but this year we may have 16 jets - we're closing in on the unlimiteds!

Wish me luck guys - I'm ready to rock and roll!

Attachments

• Box 1.jpg
    Box 1.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 328
  • box 2.jpg
    box 2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
Joe, I´m very sorry for the split, in this case unfortunately there´s nothing I could help you with. Anyway, good luck in your new live period...
You used to be Mike´s crew chief? I didn´t know that man! But you worked for him only in the states, right? But you didn´t travel with him on all his tour, I mean also here in Europe?

Last edited:
Wow............... Mike Mangold!

There are three Ausies I would like to have lunch with........
Stuart Appleby ......... who at his age, and time in the golf game shot a 59! 5th in history to do this!
Mark Webber ........... who kept his cool when he found himself leading a race he shouldn't have, and then won!
Matt Hall ................. what a thrill it is to do the kind of flying he Is doing, and has done!

I am sorry to hear of the split, but for me after 20 years it was best as well. I am in a better place and so are everyone else in the family.

Good-on-ya about the new job, it sounds like you are excited about it as well. Don't forget to say G'Day to the Eberhardts for me.

Bill

Sorry to hear about the divorce, but I am sure as you said it will be the best for everyone in the long run.
Congrats on the Reno news.

I've known about the split... enuff said... I like the part about you losing weight. That spare tire was slowing you
down, will be an assett if you go squirrell hunting ! Best of luck at Reno... yes, we want pictures.

Be safe...

Charles

Thanks guys!!!

Roman - I was not part of Mangold's redbull team, just crewed him at Reno. 2nd place 2008 and 2009.

Attachments

• l_0630d2892a00739da15f4f6d8030a79f.jpg
    l_0630d2892a00739da15f4f6d8030a79f.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 249
UPDATE

Well its been a busy 3 days - got most of the plane teched and stared on Mike crew. We're running real well and today will tell if some or our "tweeks" from last night helped (worked 13 hours yesterday). Haven't had a chance to take may pics or see the FW 190 yet, hopefully I'll have time today or tomorrow.

Really sorry to hear about your 'domestic' situation Joe, and I hope you can get sorted. I know exactly what it's like, having gone through the same when my youngest daughter was only four years old, so I know how hard things must have been for you at that time.
Anyway, onwards and upwards as they say ! Good to learn about the 'promotion', and it sounds like you're off to a 'flying' start (pun intended).
I hope all do well, and stay safe. And most of all, even though it's hard work and long hours, enjoy it, and good luck !

Heh...nice to know that no matter how crappy Life can get, it can't get much worse than AF's puns. :evil4:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back