RENO 2010!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If I remember correctly, he was heard to say "I'm in deep sh*t' just before he bellied in. I also seem to remember him being presented with the twisted throttle quadrant from the 'Baron on his release from hospital.

Ironically I saw a piece of the vertical stabiliser of that plane at Chino this weekend. Practically all that is left is the number 5.
There was an article from the paper about the accident and he did say that he was in deep sh!t before he crashed according to the article.
History of the Red Baron by Denver Kissinger

His son won the Unlimited Gold race in a P-51 at Reno this year.
Hinton Youngest Reno Champion
Indy Transponder™: Reno Wrap up: The torch has been passed on!

Wheels

Sorry Joe, I should have, and do, wish you happy flying and the best of luck at Reno. Cheers, Bill

A rare sight that would be! Correct me if I'm wrong Eric, but aren't there only about seven (7) airworthy P-38s in existence?

TO

That's what they said at Planes of Fame on the third of this month when I was there. They flew their two P-38's on that day and mentioned that they were working on getting 6 of the 7 that are flyable to show up at Reno. IIRC, The one that won't be making it is in Germany.

Wheels

Well folks - on my way to Reno tomorrow - Pylon Race Seminar - AKA "Rookie School." This year Mike will be an instructor and I may be crewing multiple aircraft. Have camera, will try to get pics!

Reno Air Racing Association - pylon racing seminar

Last's year's PRS - I'm directly in front of the P-40 leaning on the prop

2009-PRS-Group-Photo-t.jpg

There was a P-40 at the Livermore AP, LVK, panted like the one in the photo, called SU*E. Had art on the vertical stab of the front of a dame one side, back side on the other. I thought it went to GB, where it crashed? Anyway, enjoy. There's nothing like to sound of them Merlins full tilt across the start finish line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back