RENO 2010!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FLYBOYJ

"THE GREAT GAZOO"
Apr 9, 2005
Colorado, USA
Well I'm on for Reno this year. There will be some changes and surprises I'll announce in the next few months. June is the Pylon Training School, the place where rookie pilots go to get race qualified. Mike will attend as an instructor and of course we'll ring out the plane a bit. If anyone is planning to attend the races in September, let me know and I might be able to steer towards some interesting stuff!

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 198
Post as soon as you can how my Merlin's Magic does!!!!!!!!!!!! Or stop by and say G'Day from Bill in Oz to Stu or Merilyn or Jim Eberhardt for me!? They are great people.

Post as soon as you can how my Merlin's Magic does!!!!!!!!!!!! Or stop by and say G'Day from Bill in Oz to Stu or Merilyn or Jim Eberhardt for me!? They are great people.

I know of them, a few of the team were there when I was registering last year. We're supposed to be on the west side of the field this year

Last edited:
Way to go Joe :thumbleft:

You realise you've let yourself in for late nights during the event to keep us updated with all thats going on, but hey, you know its tough at the top !.

i have a very vague memory of watching reno air races on tv in the 70's when i was a kid and seem to remember a bright orange mustang with a contra rotating prop that crashed.
did this really happen or is it a childhood fantasy merged with reality in my slowly ageing mind :rolleyes: :lol:

anybody have any idea ?
a quick internet search came up blank but the computer at work wont let me see a lot of websites

Last edited:
i have a very vague memory of watching reno air races on tv in the 70's when i was a kid and seem to remember a bright orange mustang with a contra rotating prop that crashed.
did this really happen or is it a childhood fantasy merged with reality in my slowly ageing mind :rolleyes: :lol:

anybody have any idea ?
a quick internet search came up blank but the computer at work wont let me see a lot of websites

That was Steve Hinton in the "Red Baron."

RedBaron.1%5B1%5D.jpg

That was Steve Hinton in the "Red Baron."

RedBaron.1%5B1%5D.jpg

If I remember correctly, he was heard to say "I'm in deep sh*t' just before he bellied in. I also seem to remember him being presented with the twisted throttle quadrant from the 'Baron on his release from hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back