Revell 1/72 Heinkel He 111H of Kampfgeschwader 26 Battle of Britain Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks again to everyone for fallowing this thread. Here's where we stand at the moment with this build...

I've used Tamya weathering set for the first time here. Went for "dirty" look with this one. Hope I didn't go over the top with it, but the flash light of the camera appears to add to the contrast because post shading along the panel lines isn't really that pronounced. (Anyway, let's just pretend this aircraft had really lazy ground crew.) Still need some work to complete main landing gear, to add engine exhaust tubes, to put all remaining decals... and of course the merry task of masking and painting canopy frames.
Next time I post photos hope it'll be of a finished model.

Attachments

• 5_01.jpg
    5_01.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 157
  • 5_02.jpg
    5_02.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 157
  • 5_03.jpg
    5_03.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 172
  • 5_04.jpg
    5_04.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 154
B-17 engineer writes that 1H + FN (Wrk# 3935) was an He 111H-3, but the airplane artwork attached to B-17's response and "Luftwaffe: Bomber Camouflage and Markings 1940 - Heinkel He.111, Junkers Ju.88, Dornier Do.17" by Peter G. Cooksley, text by Christopher F. Shores, both show 1H + FN to be an He 111P (not an H-3) when with Luftflotte 2 at Gilze-Rijen during the subject period of time. Are the picture & referenced book wrong (the picture may be based on the book) or is there some other reason for the conflict? Some references that 1H + FN was an H-3 during the operant period would be appreciated.

A seven year old thread and the originator and some others involved haven't been here for quite a while. Doubtful you'll get a response.

KG26 were equipped with the He-111 H series at this time. My recently completed 1/48th scale He-111H-3 model, shown below, was finished as an aircraft shot down and ditched in the North Sea on 15th August 1940, after researching the subject for quite some time (see the info in GB 37).

He-111 KG26 Build 450.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back