Sea Gladiator, N2272/G No 804 Sqn Fleet Air Arm, Hatston Orkney (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oops, I knew there was something I forgot to do last night. Need to work on the close ups a tab more.

I applied the Dark Slate Grey last night

Today I masked off and applied the Sky Grey on the bootom - a little bit of touch up is needed.

Attachments

• Engine.JPG
    Engine.JPG
    13.3 KB · Views: 179
  • GG Paint 2.JPG
    GG Paint 2.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 178
  • GG Bottom.JPG
    GG Bottom.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 183
Yup, I've been spending a lot of time looking for something that would mimic the size of the cables used for the stringers. .002 wire looks too big as well as stretched sprue.

I finished the canopies and have attached, now just need to touch up the gaps and attached the main supports for the upper wing.
canopy.JPG

For all the places that the stringers will be attached to, I cut off the small peices of plastic that stuck out and drilled the area half way through to provide an area to anchor the stringers.
wing.JPG

Nice progress David. For replicating real fine wire I've heard of using the unraveled thread from a nylon stocking, although I haven't used it my self. Might be worth a try.

I tried that and found it to be a bit of a pain. The stuff is really nice and thin, stretches so it doesn't break easily, and is probably close to scale, but the problem I found was that it curls up into a little ball and it's almost impossible to find the end to glue.

I just tried that and you are absolutly correct. I went to the tackle store today and bought some very fine fishing line, so I'm going with that route.

I'm watching with bated breath David. I used the stocking nylon on the Roc aerial but needed to also put in connection loops, almost took forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back