1/72 MPM Bristol Blenheim Mk1F, 600 Sqn Manston Air Base, BQ*G BoB Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I had a kid work for me in my sign shop, he is a very successful graphic designer now.
My motto for him was "A place for everything, and everything all over the places"!

Great work there.

The workspace looks the way it dose because this is the start of a new project. I usually try to do this in between builds but it rarely happens, What makes it look bad (Over the top clean) is that I don't have one of those fancy smanchy anti-slice work pads so I use cardboard. After about a year I figured it was time to step up and get a new one. :p

After one night it doesn't even look close to what you see in the photos. :|

True! Not enough sh*t floating around! One need some serious cr*p taking up a sh*tload of space for it to look right man! Looks far too tidy, like some pantsies would use, get a grip son....this is embarrassing to modelling community!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Moving on to the wings

IMG_0727.jpg

Getting ready to cut out the ejection port for the spent shells of the Port .303 Browning Machine gun. Only the left (port) wing had a gun.

IMG_0728.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

Next the inner wheel well was installed

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

Attaching the wings to the fuselage. It took quite a bit of filler and sanding to get the leading edges somewhat right.

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg

Those aren't gaps in the wing root those are canyons! :shock:

IMG_0741.jpg

Evel Knievel would have had a hard time jumping these gaps with his infamous rocket cycle.

evel-knievel-rocket1.jpg

So I broke out the green putty

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

Even Evel is glad I filled those gaps, see. I guess old age has worn him down a bit. :cry:

evel_knievel_dios.jpg

The top and bottom fuselage seems were not so hard. they were taken care of with some Mr Surfacer 500 and then a round of Mr surfacer 1000. Mr Surfacer is a lot easier to work with then the green stuff. :|

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

Thanks for looking. Next time we will finish off the wings an move on to the tail section.

Careful there Dirk, your gonna run out of putty:lol: Coming along real nice!

This is the worse I've seen in a while but still no where near as much putty as my Mig 3. :rolleyes: yet considerably less then my Airfix MkIV Blenheim :oops: Oh well its all good. I'm just not a fan of this green putty. There has to be something better.

Dirk, I like using squadron putty and wiping it off with Cutex nail polish remover while it's still wet. Try this on a spare part or old model: Mask the gap with tape, then apply the putty, pressing into the gap. While the putty is still wet, dab a Q-Tip into the nail polish remover and wipe off all excess putty. Be careful not to overdo this treatment as the nail polish remover can soften the plastic in large doses.

Here's a link to to details: http://www.centennialipms.org/FillingWithoutSanding.pdf. Works great!

And I like what you're doing so far. However, it seems to me the wing gap could have been reduced a bit if you had moved it forward in the slot a bit.

Looks good there Dirk! have you ever tried the spot putty for auto use? sands easy and dries quick I think I only had issue one time with some plastic and it may of been the brand I bought.Cheers

I HATE GREEN PUTTY!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back