Show Us Your Artwork!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's been a while since I last posted. I began a new job and have been trying to navigate life solo since my wife's passing almost 3 months ago. Here are a couple of pastels, Jim Morrison and Toronto Maple Leafs legend Wendel Clark. I'd like to get back to some aviation themed work soon, maybe do a large version of the Vraciu Hellcat and Dundas Spitfire, each of which I've posted preliminary sketches of in this thread last year.

Attachments

• captain_clark_sm.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 188
  • lightmyfire_sm.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 176
Great work as always Norb, was wondering how you've been handling. Really hope you're ok mate.

(I did a sketch of Jim Morrison on a cupboard door once btw , based on the same photograph. Lost since under a coat of paint in a flat renovation! )

Hey, thanks guys!

Evan, it's a very unpredictable experience to be honest with you. Some days I feel great like not much has changed, except that Sara's not at home. All her clothes are still in the closet, and a lot of her is still around and unchanged. I'm grateful for having even met her and spent 22 years married to her. Sara's legacy will live on in our kids, Michael and Maddy. Other days I feel completely fed up and unmotivated. This job I'm at is only stop-gap, can't see being here much beyond a year (if I make it that far), I'm just so freakin' bored. I've been a graphic designer for 26 years and the pettiness of the everyday (especially in the business world) really wears thin sometimes. I'm thinking about going back to school to study for something more meaningful, perhaps the funeral services business, the girl who helped me with Sara's funeral was very helpful and inspiring, and she said that her job can be very rewarding.

Anyway, don't want to rant, thanks again, art is, and always has been, a good outlet for me.

Not ranting at all Norb, and thankyou for your sincere reply. Do feel for ya mate.

Great to hear you can find an outlet through your art atleast, and no doubt the kids help you keep concentrating on the present -and future - too (speaking of which, best of luck with the work situ, whichever way you decide).

Never forget you've got mates here if ya need us.

Just added some new patches to my link,
Patches Photos by EMBLEMHUNTER | Photobucket

Please note the photos of the leather patches in the Photobucket link are just a small sample of the thousands I've done in the 30 years I've been working with them, I have a vast archive of Official and Unofficial emblems of WW2 era emblems to work from or from a good clear color image you may want to send .

I specialize in USAAF/USN/USMC WW2 era flying unit types.

Last edited:
Sure is, good on ya mate!

Just noticed on Norb's ice hockey pic the name 'Toronto maple 'leafs' '. That's a pretty bad grammar mistake! (1 leaf, 2 'leaves'...)

Last edited:
Almost done on a mate's work truck.

Signed already, but some small touch ups yet, plus awaiting further details on the crane controls, not discernable from the background in the base photo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread