Show Us Your Artwork!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No worries :)
...and nope! didnt spot any kind of mistake (then again I'm not obsessed with them!) they have to be accurate though otherwise you get the whole "that particular dimension of grill on the SWB didnt get manufactured until JULY 1961, thats a JUNE model"

Exactly mate! :lol:

Also a matter of pride in workmanship. Bloody important to me to not just do a general representation of something, but to make sure every detail that should be there, IS there and executed as realistically as possible.
(I love making people's jaws drop, as has occurred on a number of ocasssions :) )

...And thanks Jan!

Last edited:
While these aren't drawings, I still consider them works of art. I use a hobby laser cutter to create these out of 3/32" solid alder wood. Both are ~5" in the largest dimension, but I do create other smaller sizes. To make these requires the creation of vector art by hand based on multiple photos.

Link the the ww2aircraft.net album - I'll add more hi-res photos when I can.

2012-ZERO-A6M3-01-5INCH_Main - Small.jpg

A6M3 Zero

2012-F4U-01-5INCH Main-Small.jpg

F4U Corsair

BTW, awesome art everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow those are beauties. But how do you take them off the fridge without snapping a wing?

Thanks. They are actually deceptively strong, and I try to align the grain to minimize weak spots. They can be handled with no problem.

My original concept was to make larger planes out of aluminum, but the 400W industrial laser is a little more than the 40W hobby. :)

Those are really nice Greg. A laser cutter, you lucky devil - I could do with one of those, I'm about to start inlaying on a guitar.

Found an old Ferrari 250gt California Spyder pic from le archives. I quite fancy one of those for a Sunday afternoon :p

Attachments

• californiasmallx.jpg
    californiasmallx.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 181
Nice Matt, and cheers Dave if you meant mine aswell!

Sent 15 paintings to Ireland on thursday to be presented in the previously mentioned gallery in time for a town festival - atleast that was the intended destination.
Sent by courier company as decided it was safer than Hungarian post - BAD move.
The courier company (TNT), charged a whopping 65 Euro to send a 1 kg box within 24 hours, but instead of sending to the town of 'Streete, Co. Westmeath, Ireland' sent it to a place called 'Street End' in England!!!

Somebody finally read the bloody country it was intended for and they are redirecting them on to Ireland (according to the customer service girl). I asked 'which adress?' to be sure - the answer was 'I don't know, it's not in the system'...
Come on people, if this is typical of the computer age, then lets go back to when people used to READ the bloody address written in big letters on a package!

My advice: BEWARE of sending by the TNT company, especially if items are important!

Latest WIP... my aunty's birthday is coming up soon, and got a special request to paint a watercolour of the area she grew up in, Norfolk, England.

How it starts...

Pic 1. The main photo I'm working from. Composition to be varied a little for effect, and other elements of the countryside she loves to be added.
Pic 2. Initial light sketch.
Pic 3. Paper wet and stretched as much as possible to try and prevent wrinkling later.
Pic 4. Lighter colours washed in to get the feel of the piece, sign post and tree line detail started.
Pic 5. Sign post done, on to the field.

STA53717.JPG

STA53718.JPG

STA53719.JPG

STA53720.JPG

STA53726.JPG

Do like those fridge magnets, would look good on the drinks fridge.

Even, know just how you feel, pay big bucks and get crap service, hope your package arrives safe. Also like the Aunt painting. Did you know that all of those town direction signs were removed during WWII to confuse the enemy should they have invaded Britain. Must have been one hell of a job putting them all back after the war.

Cheers Vic and Wayne!

Interesting re the sign posts Vic! Had read about that happening on Guernsey island, local bobbies having to direct the Germans after the occupation.
Must indeeed have been a hell of a job making sure they put the sign posts back in the right places!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back