Silly phrases in foreign languages (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
ariel81 said:
well,tell your grandma that we are in the year 2005
those people went 2 or 3 years to the army,they deserve to act like that,they never had a normal life

I disagree. I have been in the army for almost 6 years and I have had a normal life and act normal.

he isn't pointing to the army but to the facts that a bus or a coffee get blown in the air from tme to time...

Pisis said:
DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
ariel81 said:
those people went 2 or 3 years to the army,they deserve to act like that,they never had a normal life

I disagree. I have been in the army for almost 6 years and I have had a normal life and act normal.

he isn't pointing to the army but to the facts that a bus or a coffee get blown in the air from tme to time...

Ahh okay.

no,im pointing to a an army that puts you in combat for 3 years,when you are less that 20 years old,not an army that puts you on parades and exercises

russian is a very difficult languague,i tried,for the ladies,without succes

the lancaster kicks ass said:
anyone here that can speak fluent French by chance?? i'm looking to translate the phrase "for you to visit" or "for your visit" or words to that effect, it's you singular.........

Sorry for the delay, but I just re-visited this thread in a long while.

If I understand well your phrase, well... it seems to be a part of a phrase, not a complete phrase... So it would be harder to translate than if I had the complete phrase.

If you were talking about (for example) a street address that you gave to someone in order to visit somebody, it would be :

"Here is an address for you to visit..." So it would be in French : "Voici l'adresse où tu dois te rendre..."

Or if you meant something like : "I'm waiting for your visit." It would be in French : "J'attend ta venue." Or : "J'attend ton arrivée."

But, as I said, it's hard to translate only a part of a sentence.

ariel81 said:
no,im pointing to a an army that puts you in combat for 3 years,when you are less that 20 years old,not an army that puts you on parades and exercises

Our Army is not much different. There is hardly a soldier that has not spent atleast 2 years on combat now. Most on there 3rd years. Been there done that.

I speak English: : Suck my dick

I think you can also say in German: Einer blazen, bitte?

(A BJ, please?)

- Is that right DerAdler?

Je ne parlais pa francais (Froggyeater): Je souis roi de'ez a pinque

Je ne means I do not, cut the ne and the pa and change parlais to parle IIRC?

The most stupid thing ever said in German: Ich bin ein Berliner (I am a dohnut)

I can understand the Berliner (isn't it a hotdog?) like as in 'Ich bin einer Englander' etc...

the word for dick in hebrew is zain,and the polite one is min

There's a polite word for dick?? :shock:

anyone here that can speak fluent French by chance?? i'm looking to translate the phrase "for you to visit" or "for your visit" or words to that effect, it's you singular.........

pour votre visite

I like telling mine she's in the 21st Century :lol: , I won't see much of it if I continue (she's vicious!) :shock:

I like the harsher languages like German and Russian. Well I speak one of them, so I guess that is better than nothing.

Same here, very gutsy, the region I grew up in England has a harsh accent too!

Unfortunatlely though, it is becoming Americanised. (like, sooo, totally etc...)

You ever heard a Geordie Der Adler?

Conscription never works.

It must be hard to give all soldiers combat experience?

Glad you made it safe out of Iraq DerAdler.

You reminded me one scene from The Simpsons when the Germans buy Mr. Burns' atomic plant and there's a interview with Mayor Quimby, who says "Ich bin ein Shpringfielder".

Have you seen the episode with grandpa Simpson in WW2 Pisis?

Where he grabs an Admiral or whatever for saying that, thinking he's a Nazi? :lol:

russian is a very difficult languague,i tried,for the ladies,without succes

Strasfortil devotchka should break the ice...

Reading cyrillic... :shock:

schwarzpanzer said:
I speak English: : Suck my dick

I think you can also say in German: Einer blazen, bitte?

(A BJ, please?)

- Is that right DerAdler?

Close eneogh, they would understand what you are saying.

schwarzpanzer said:
The most stupid thing ever said in German: Ich bin ein Berliner (I am a dohnut)

I can understand the Berliner (isn't it a hotdog?) like as in 'Ich bin einer Englander' etc...

No it is a dohnut. A jelly filled dohnut to be exact. When Kennedy said that he said "I am a Jelly Filled Dohnut.

"Have you seen the episode with grandpa Simpson in WW2 Pisis? " - no, I damnd missed that one. But I have a catalogue of all episodes and I know this one exists, just didn't seen it.

Speaking of French, here's my latest favorite phrase: Le Beaujolais Nouveau est arrivé!

And these idiots changed it. Now on some places stand: The Beaujolais Nouveau Has Come!" or something like this... :rolleyes:

If you go to Thailand refrain from calling any ladys darling
Dar is Thai for Donkey Ling means Arse
So when you say "would you like a drink Donkey Arse" dont be suprised at the slap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back