Some pics of inspiration

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Emac, don't sell yourself short mate, well said, to you and your Father..:salute:

Well said Emac and nice tribute to your Dad , I just wish some of the younger generation of today could and would learn in our schools about the sacrifice the men and women of our Armed Forces past and present have done for all of us.

Dale

Well my Father was and still is my INSPIRATION. Of all the times I think of Freedom and Sacrifice the Diggers paid I think of my Dad. And him and his mates of course. Iron Men with Iron determination from the Generation of the Depression. The Great Depression Kids. No offense to oter nations but these Aussies who went through the Great Depression and a World War straight afterwards moulded this country. And I have instilled in my own kids to be proud of their GrandParents

Sometimes words fail to really state what is in the heart, but what you wrote was well done. If it is a fraction of how you feel, the general gist of what you were saying has come through. We must continue to educate the younger generation of the sacrifices that those of the greatest generation suffered through so that we could enjoy the freedoms that we have today.

Well Evan I agree. My children have been schooled as I was with the Traditions of Service to Australia. The reasons why members of their family saw it necassary to go to War or to serve in Peace Time in the Military. To be proud of that their own Family contributed to the Freedom of Australia. And to be grateful that Freedom had come at a price and members of their family were willing to pay that price for future generations of the family.

ANZAC Day for my family Evan always remains a Special Day. Time to remember time to reflect. For nearly 15 years on ANZAC Day I use to drive my Father into the City for him to take part in ANZAC Day Marches. It became Family Tradition for me to do that. I suppose it was my way of saying Thanks Dad and at the time I didn't realise the significance until he had passed away. The Mateship of these Diggers Airmen and Sailors struck home to me on the day of my Father's Funeral Evan. The Church was full to overflowing with Ex Servicemen and Women. The Coffin of my Father Draped in the Australian National Flag with Floral Tributes of the Australian Wattles Dad's Slouch Hat and RAAF Cap with his medals on display. With Music of the Flowers of the Forest Amazing Grace and the Last Post being played. And the RSL Eulogy. But these men and women Dad had come to know over many years from the Ex Servicemen's League who came to pay tribute and say good bye to a mate. They all shared something that those of us who had not had to endure hardship will never know. That for me on the funeral of my Father came home Evan. I still find inspiration in this Evan. That same inspiration I have passed onto my own children. And now today my wife has told me her own GrandFather served in the Philippine Armed Services during World War 2 and became a part of the Philippine Resistance Movement during the Japanese Occupation of the Philippines. So another family member who has relatives who saw it necassary to fight for freedom. I said to my wife be proud of your GrandFather always. My family has been made aware of my wife's GrandFather Service to the Philippines. My own Family embraced the memory of my wife's GrandFather and his Service as any other family member in my own family. Just like my family always has done with other family members who served Australia. Now we have my Wife's own GrandFather to praise for the fight for Freedom

Emac, that is the exact reason for this thread. To remember, be inspired and to never forget.

Thread probably should have been closed with those words of yours. Put it all together. :thumbright:

No Njaco don't close the Thread by my words alone. But Inspiration can come from a variety of areas. You and several others had contributed Inspiration of the pictorial or as Lucky had done by poems and lyrics of Inspirational Words. And even Sys with his photos of the US Cemetry in Manila and I have similar photos here at home of same Cemetry. But I find inspiration in the individuals who have served and from association of those who are currently serving in Armed Forces around the world who are putting their own lives on the line to ensure our Freedoms and our right to express ourselves as WE SEE FIT

Emac, that was powerful, and a fitting tribute to your father. I come from a long line of farmers and warriors, going back to the American Revolution. It's a proud heritage. So many have fought, and many have died to give us the freedoms we have today. I am working on my "wall of honor" in our home to include family photos of all the ones who came before me in their military uniforms. I too want our children to know that freedom isn't free and will never be without the brave folks who put their lives on the line to defend it.

When I get more progress on that wall, I will post some pictures.

To all of the veterans out there, and those of you serving now, thank you. :salute:

Same with me Evan Soldiers Farmers and Ordinary Aussies are my relatives. Who saw it was their duty to God and Country. I have a bronze plaque in the house of my Great Grand Uncle who was Killed in Action on Gallipoli August 1915. I have his Enlistment Papers and a Photocopy taken from the Roll of Honour at Sydney University and a Photo of my Great Grand Uncle in uniform of that of an Australian Army Officer before he was shipped to Eygpt. And one day I will share these with the good folk here on this site. But I also have the Telegrams and Noitification of his death and his personal effects were listed that were shipped back to my GrandFather. I hope you understand those I will not share as they are personal to my family.

The Bronze Plaque I have in my possession though I am unsure where it came from. I know my GrandFather had it in his possession and passed the plaque onto my Father who passed the plaque onto me. As far as I believe it is a Grave Marker Plaque but I think it is a copy of the original. The original being placed on my Uncle's Grave at Lone Pine Cemetry Gallipoli. The Bronze Plaque is about 2 inches in circumference bares his name engraved on a panel on the Plaque and has the engraving of the British Commonwealth. It is for me a family treasure

But this one thing inspires me today and has done for some time. Its not a photo its a flash movie

I Miss you Daddy

And if you can sit there and watch this flash movie without feeling some type of emotions stirring. Well you must be made of stone. Every time I view this Flash Movie I remember those who perished the day in September 11th 2001. When the world changed and became a little smaller.

And the words "I'll Stand By You" from the Pretenders speaks volumes. I Will Stand By You, Yank Brit Canadian Kiwi Aussie and any other Ally I have I FAILED TO MENTION. I go by the creed of the ANZAC. YOU NEVER LET A MATE DOWN

As I was driving my car to Pizza Hut to pick up a couple of Pizzas for my Wife Son and I. I was reflecting on the Flash Movie. I Miss you Daddy. That I posted on this Thread of Photos of Inspiration. I reflected to myself that on September 11th 2001, just less then 7 years ago. This

There was this Man the father of the little girl in the Flash Movie was doing something very ordinary. No life changing event just going to work or was at work. Or was on one of the aeroplanes involved in 911. This ordinary man who had never harmed another human being or committed any sin worth having his life ended and being taken away from his wife and daughter. This very ordinary person. Who wasn't in charge of a Nation but was part of a Nation. He wasn't part of some huge Army, but he was in an Army of fellow citizens going about their daily business. This very ordinary MAN. Who by chance had his life cut short by the actions of men of evil. Who decided that their intolerant Religious Idealism dictated that this Ordinary Man with thousands of other Ordinary Men and Women were decreed to die in the name of Allah.

These men of evil intent who perverted their own Religious Idealism into some sort of killer sect. These men who infected with the Intolerance of Hatred. This Doctrine of Death that looks upon Innocences as a weakness. Who looked upon Civilians as a TARGET to maim to wound and to KILL. But these men are not alone in their wills of hatred and death. They have their own organisation of willing slaves to continue to maim wound and KILL. Who we as Freedom Loving People have to oppose.

I see the debates and the arguements that Hey the US and her ALLIES brought this upon themselves. I see the Conspiracy Theory nut case mumble their doctrines. I see Politicans and Political Correct Supporters sloganize their attitudes and wish peace by appeasement. And last by not least I hear and see Politicans People and Organisations mumbling the the Enemy has HUMAN RIGHTS and must not be abused by those of us in our respective Nations are battling in this a WAR on TERROR. And I hear and see these same Politicans People and Organisations drag up the Hague and Geneva Conventions to protect these Thugs who decide murder and death are their weapons to be used on such days like 911.

And then I reflect upon that Ordinary Man who was taken from his Wife and Daughter. And I think what crime did he do? Who stands up for his HUMAN RIGHTS? Who is here to say to his Daughter. Your Daddy died because he was an Infidel and its ok your country brought this upon your Father!

I have read and looked upon the lyrics of songs Lucky posted onto this thread and I thank him. I look upon Photos that Njaco and others have posted and I thank them. I have read the comments from my friends on this thread with my tribute to my Father and I thank you.. But now I have posted I Miss you Daddy. About a Little Girl whose Father was Taken away by an act of Terror. And I wonder who now remembers this Little Girl and the Flash Movie of a section of her life

Does this Flash Movie I Miss you Daddy inspire me? Yes it does inspire me! It inspires me to write this posting for others to read. It inspires me to oppose EVIL and it doesn't matter who is EVIL or for what purpose EVIL is being used. And it inspires me to say Islamic Fundamentalism is an EVIL. Islam being perverted to use in EVIL Intent by men of EVIL MINDED WAYS.

I have a million words to say but at times I can never put them down onto one page or formulate the correct meaning or saying I want to express. But when I view the Flash Movie I Miss you Daddy. The emotions build up inside of me and it outpours into grief for a Little Girl who I don't know. And for Her Parents and in particular Her Father. Who was killed for no reason other then the fact he was just an ORDINARY MAN.

(God Bless you Sir from one Ordinary Man to another. I pray that your Wife and Daughter find comfort and love in the Arms of our Lord God. And that your life taken served some purpose I have no answer for. I pray that you are with our Lord God and find the eternal comfort that is yours in the Grace of our loving Father in Heaven. I pray for this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.)

I hope what I have written and tried to express inspires you? I am not some famous man or Inspirational Leader of Nations or Organisation. I am just an Ordinary Man from and Ordinary place in this world. Expressing to you how I feel. But I know one thing. We mustn't allow another Little Girl or Little Boy be deprived of their Parents by MEN of EVIL. Hiding behind a DOGMA of HATE and INTOLERANCE. We must fight this with every once of strength in our minds bodies and souls. And we as ALLIES FRIENDS or COMRADES IN ARMS. WE ARE CHARGED TO COMBAT AGAINST ANOTHER 911. GET BEHIND OUR TROOPS. SUPPORT THEM ENCOURAGE THEM. ENCOURAGE AND STIFFEN YOUR OWN RESOLVE. STIFFEN THE RESOLVE OF OUR POLITICANS AND REMNIND THEM THAT YOU WORK FOR US. NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. AND US FOR THE ORGANISATIONS POLITICANS AND PEOPLE WHO MOCK DISBELIEVE OR DISPARGE OUR EFFORTS. TREAT THEM WITH CONTEMPT IF YOU MUST OR COMPASSION YOU WOULD RESERVE FOR A FOOL

Njaco as you requested the Bronze Plaque for my Great Grand Uncle. Killed in Action August 6-8th 1915 Gallipoli. And what is written around the Plaque Edge is. " He Died For Freedom and Honour. The Plaque is a bit scruffy I know but I am not game to clean it as I don't want to risk damaging the Plaque

Attachments

• 100_0977.jpg
    100_0977.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 247
  • 100_0978.jpg
    100_0978.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 241

Attachments

• 12yx5.jpg
    12yx5.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 265
  • 1925ed84bjr0.jpg