Some pics of inspiration

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I just recieved this in an email from a friend. Don't know how accurate it is or if its BS but I like what it says.

------------------------------------------------------------
Gentlemen

I am an Australian and my son is an Australian - as far as we are concerned there is not a place on God's earth better than Australia, and there are no people better than Australians.

That was until the past week or so.

My son is in the Australian Army and he is currently on deployment in Iraq. I can not go into his duties in great depth, but shall we say that he and his fellow army buddies are on a glorified guard duty looking after the Australian Embassy. They don't go out looking for "action", though it is a different story in Afghanistan, there the Aussie troops chase the baddies over the hills and into the valleys..

My son and I just ended a long 'phone' conversation and here are some of his comments, believe me this is what he said. We have all seen the bullshit emails written by some clown in his lounge room pretending to be at the coal face, but this is what was said.:

"Before I came over here I thought we (the Australian Army) were pretty **** hot..... was I ever wrong!....The Yanks (I hope you don't mind me using that word) are so professional from the top to the bottom that it is almost embarrassing to be in their company, and to call yourself a soldier....don't get me wrong, we are good at what we do but the Yanks are so much better.....they are complete at what they do, how they do it and their attitude is awesome....they don't complain, they just get on with the job and they do it right.....I carry a Minimi (SAW) so I am not real worried about a confrontation but I tell you I feel safer just knowing that the US Army is close by....If we got into trouble I know that our boys would come running and we could deal with it but they would probably be passed by a load of Hummers. No questions asked, no glory sought, the Americans would just fight with us and for us because that is their nature, to protect those in need of protection..... We use the American Mess so you could say that we are fed by the Americans.....they have every right to be pissed at that but they don't bitch about that they just make us feel as welcome as possible....what gets to me is that the Yanks don't walk around with a "we are better than you attitude" and they could because they are, they treat us as equals and as brothers in arms. If nothing else, coming here has taught me that the Americans are a truly great Nation and a truly great bunch of people.....Let's face it they don't HAVE to be here, they could stay in America and beat the **** out of anyone who threatened them, BUT THEY ARE HERE because they believe they should be here, and the Iraqis would be screwed if they weren't here.....When I come home, you and I we are going to the US, we will buy some bikes and we are going riding...."

The reason why I am sharing this with you is because I realize that you (as a nation) must get pretty pissed with all the criticism you receive by the so-called "know it alls" who are sitting at home - safe. The reality is that they are safe, just as I am, because of America. If the world went arse up tomorrow there is f**k all we (Australia) could do about it, but I know that the Americans would be there putting themselves on the line for others. That to me is the sign of greatness.

The most precious thing in my life is my son, I look at him and I thank God that I am fortunate enough to be able to spend time in his company. We laugh, we discuss, we argue, we dummy spit, we have the same blood. I am not happy that he is where he is but that is his duty. He joined the Army to protect and to defend, not to play games. I mightn't like it but I accept it. My reasons for not liking it are selfish and self centered. I felt assured that he would be safe because he is in a well trained army with an excellent record, BUT NOW, I feel a whole lot better knowing that he is with your sons, daughters, brothers and sisters.

Whilst he was growing up. I was always there to look after him, I would not let harm befall him and I would always put myself before him to protect him. I can't do that now . When it comes to looking after him now he and his mates will do the job, but also THANK GOD FOR AMERICA.

Gentlemen, I have rambled on for too long. but as I finish I say to you, as a foreigner and outsider, a nation is only a collection of its people and its attitude is the attitude of its people, collectively and as individuals. I am really glad you are here on this Earth and I respect you as a nation and as people.

Stand up and feel proud because you deserve it, there is no one else who will do what America does without question. The next time someone howls you down, take some comfort in the fact that America is defending their right to act like an idiot.

Finally, thank you for looking after my son.

Peter Turner

What can one say about Mr Turner"s Email to Njaco. Thanks Yanks and thank you Njaco for the photos. Bet these Photos never make it tothe Left Wing Media on any given day and are assigned to the trash bin at George Sorro's inspired websites like Prison Planet Move On and Truth etc. And by the Military Patches on the Uniforms Njaco they are not all US Troops either but a gathering of different Nationalities

Wow, I haven't been on this thread for a week or so, but I have seen some great pictures and read some amazing words. People can choose to believe what they want about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, but I know that we, as a free world are on the right side. You won't see a Brit, Aussie, Kiwi, German, or any other citizen of any freedom loving country squash the rights of people of other faiths or kill someone because they choose to worship under a different way of praising their god. You won't see us blowing ourselves and other innocents up to wreak mayhem and terror into non-combatants and innocents.

The evil that we fight today is a dangerous enemy. That enemy has no regard for human life. That evil does not believe in your freedom to worship as you please, or wear the clothing and hairstyle of your choosing. They have made it clear that the destruction of western society and the world under one Muslim Caliphate is their goal. But we know the freedoms we have today were all earned by the sweat, blood and lives of many brave men, more boys than men. They were with us then, and they are with us now. This isn't difficult to understand. They fight for what is right. And if it came down to it, I would stand beside all of you guys and fight to the last bullet. I have always been a believer in the phrase "Better to die on your feet than live on your knees".

This battle is one that we cannot lose.

Brother and sister in Peterborough, England. Jason, aged nine, helps four year old Georgina to put on her prosthetic legs before they go out to play. Georgina is a second generation thalidomide victim.

From HUMANITY. ISBN 978-0-73362-165-9

I just recieved this in an email from a friend. Don't know how accurate it is or if its BS but I like what it says.

------------------------------------------------------------

Code:
there is no one else who will do what America does without question.

I like it too ... :)

Regards
Kruska

!cid_000f01c89112$4f86eae0$7b25a942@S0026967790.jpg

This statue currently stands outside the Iraqi palace,

Now home to the 4th Infantry division.

It will eventually be shipped home
And put in the memorial museum in Fort Hood , TX
The statue was created by an Iraqi artist named Kalat,
who for years was forced by Saddam Hussein to make the many hundreds of bronze busts of Saddam that dotted Baghdad

Kalat was so grateful for the Americans liberation of his country;
He melted 3 of the heads of the fallen Saddam and made the statue as a memorial to the American soldiers and their fallen warriors.

Kalat worked on this memorial night and day for several months.
To the left of the kneeling soldier is a small Iraqi girl giving the soldier comfort as he mourns the loss of his comrade in arms.

Do you know why we don't hear about this in the news?
Because it is heart warming and praise worthy.
The media avoids it because it does not have the shock effect.

But we can do something about it.
We can pass this along to as many people as we can in honor of all our brave military who are making a difference.
And please pass this on!

Awesome thread, Njaco! Simply FRIKKIN AWESOME!!!!!!! Some of those pics I had never seen before, and those poems....must admit, as much as I read, I've never developed a taste for poetry...but found myself sitting here reading every last word. Here's another one for those, like myself, who served but sorta fell between wars. Dunno if anyone else struggles with not feeling "as worthy" as those who actually fought...maybe its just me...but this one helped:

THE VETERAN

The night wind moans its lonesome sigh
unto the tremb'ling moon
half-hidden 'neath the scurried clouds
which whisper Rain! come soon.

He makes his way down silent streets
by houses shuttered fast,
their gaiety locked safe within-
unknown, he trudges past.

"Open your eyes," he longs to scream,
"and know that you are blessed!
Remember on this solemn night
the men who gave their best,

"gave of their time, their families,
who put aside their life
to take up arms 'gainst tyranny
to shield thee from that strife,

"who stood alone before the dark,
dark path of Death's broad trail,
who dared defy vast War Machines
with mortal flesh so frail!"

Each year he longs his voice be heard,
yet keeps his pain inside.
He feels himself inadequate
to honor those who died

in battles long forgotten now
in places far and wide,
his own brief time in uniform
(the voice within him cried)

was insufficient to advance
him to that noble rolls
of those we title "Veteran",
he feels this in his soul.

And so he silent keeps his peace
and carries on his way,
saluting every Veteran
he sees upon this day.

Yet, turning down his darkened street,
a sight he now beholds
which he can scarcely comprehend,
but one which must be told.

Along the street, in silent ranks,
stand mem'ries from the past,
appearing at the edge of sight
to vanish just as fast:

a man no more than seventeen
in ragged homespun red
who made a stand at Valley Forge
and there, for Freedom, bled…

a soldier clad in tattered gray
next to a man in blue:
at Gettysburg they fought for rights
they each thought Noble, True…

a doughboy from scarred Europe's plains
who lived within a trench
for three long, weary, bitter years
to aid the conquered French…

a GI from dark Hurtgen's hell
who bled for every foot
of "sacred German Fatherland"
the Allied Army took…

another from the Asian front
with wounds that never healed,
denied the Communist advance
in South Korean fields…

a trooper from the 'Nam appears,
in Terror's path he fell
so that a child could live that day
and grow up strong and well.

They flicker in and out of sight,
stretched down through centuries
and ask but that their sacrifice
would help men to be free.

He watches for an awe-struck time,
then when the vision passed
he carried on his lonely way
with mind on era's past

'till presently he finds himself
before his tired door.
He stares in wonder! They've returned,
but not quite as before:

arrayed in ranks before his stoop
the shades of Freedom's past
form rank on rank stretched into Time
from first to very last

and to a man they raise salute
to this young struggling mind;
into the ranks of Veterans
they greet one of their kind.

His soul uplifted, doubts at ease,
he carries on his way,
his shoulders squared with new-found strength
to face a brand-new Day.

And so rejoice all who have Served
defending Freedom's land,
for you are of the Brotherhood
of noble Veterans!

-jkl
11/12/2003

Freakin fantastic, Rabid!! I know what you mean. My father always said he was a day late and a dollar short. Said 'Nam should have been his war. Said it till his dying day. I wish he could have seen the AF Honor Guard at his funeral for the service he did do. He didn't have to worry.

You will have to thank Micdrow also because if it weren't for him I would have never gotten it posted. I have trouble sometimes. Thanks Micdrow. Oh and anyone can copy the post and E-mail it to friends for everyone needs to see it. We need to kick the media in the @$$ and make them do more of the positive because those people lived in fear for decades and no one did anything about it until Bush decided to. OK, I'll get off my soapbox.Thanks NJACO.:evil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back