Some Spits

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Angels one-five

Airman 1st Class
Jun 29, 2009
Salisbury, UK
Hi there, I'm getting back into modelmaking after a bit of a break and have had a bit of a Spitfire Frenzy of late....! Thought I would share my efforts with you!

First up is an Airfix Mk 1a complete with flat canopy and two blade prop.

DSC_0002_2_2.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0006_2_2.jpg

Next is Airfix's Mk Vc finished as an RAAF machine:

DSC_0012_2_2.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0015_2_2.jpg
[/IMG]

And finally, Airfix's Mk IX finished as Johnnie Johnson's aircraft:

DSC_0018_2_2.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0019_2.jpg

I've also completed Tamiya Mk Vb as an LF Mk Vb

DSC_0007_3.jpg

DSC_0010_2.jpg

These are all 1/48 scale and sit between another Mk 1a (Tamiya) and an Airfix Mk 22. All are a bit 'factory fresh' at the moment, but will get some attention in due course. Next up are low back Mk XVI and Mk XIVs and some vague notion of a Spitfire Mk 1 - Mk 24 line up...:shock:

Last edited:
Nice work mate! Seems we're doing similar things, as I've just started adding to my 1/32nd scale Spits, and will probably add a few more 1/48th too. On the MkVb Polish clipped wing, don't go overboard on the weathering, as colour pics of this aircraft show it as remarkably clean, even as late as 1944, although there was a doped patch on the rear starboard fuselage.
Nice to have you with us, but what's your name? Can't keep calling you 15, and there is NO way I'm calling you Angels!!
Terry.

Nice and clean look mate! I thought they were 1/72 at first glance, must be the photo angles or something... :D

Nice work mate! Seems we're doing similar things, as I've just started adding to my 1/32nd scale Spits, and will probably add a few more 1/48th too. On the MkVb Polish clipped wing, don't go overboard on the weathering, as colour pics of this aircraft show it as remarkably clean, even as late as 1944, although there was a doped patch on the rear starboard fuselage.
Nice to have you with us, but what's your name? Can't keep calling you 15, and there is NO way I'm calling you Angels!!
Terry.

Good point terry - it's Steve. Thanks for the advice on the Vb weathering as well. In all honesty, I'm probably going to do little more than some exhaust staining and a pro modeller wash - still getting my eye in!

Thanks for the I.D. Steve. I've got a couple of shots of the Polish Spit, inlcuding a very clear one of the well known colour pic, starboard side, airborne, if it'll help you. It shows the doped patch, high on the rear fuselage. I'll have to find the other views, but they'll be here...somewhere.....!

Thanks for the I.D. Steve. I've got a couple of shots of the Polish Spit, inlcuding a very clear one of the well known colour pic, starboard side, airborne, if it'll help you. It shows the doped patch, high on the rear fuselage. I'll have to find the other views, but they'll be here...somewhere.....!

That would be great Terry - cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back