Spreading My Wings

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Njaco

The Pop-Tart Whisperer
Feb 19, 2007
Southern New Jersey
I didn't know where to post something like this so this looks like a good place.

As some may know from my dusty, recent posts, I had bought a motorhome with the intentions of living in it an traveling the country. That was until the transmission broke down last October. So we decided we would just stay where we are, buy a small travel trailer and head out for maybe two or three week flights. That was until this past April. I received a phone call from our landlords. They are selling the house to their son and he will be moving in. We have been here 10 years and the landlords are my friends of 40 years. It is their right to do this, I hold no grudge but the Pre-wife and myself were dumbfounded as to what was next.

The Pre-wife likes Youtube. She likes trolling Youtube, especially the Real Estate guys trying to sell homes. In the past she had shown me some homes in Kentucky, Tennessee, all over. Now she comes to me and shows me homes - in Florida. For $40,000 fully furnished! It has to be a scam. So I do my own research and it's true. There are 55+ communities in trailer parks all over FLA with crazy prices. And calling them a "trailer Park" is a misnomer. These places are beautiful! So I call up a few of the realtors and we made plans to go down to Florida for a week and check out the homes.

We found a place that we liked - 2bedroom, 2 bath 840 sq ft with a lanai (florida room) and enclosed porch and fully furnished!! We made an offer and they accepted. So on June 20th we are buying a home and after 63 years in the Garden State I'm moving to the Citrus State! As I said, it's a 55+ community and the lot rent is $800 which includes sewer, water, taxes, trash pickup, internet and lawncare. The price we got this for is $33,000!!! Incredible. I don't know who lives in Florida but here we come! At 22 miles away from Orlando, I'm telling all my friends when they visit the Big Mouse, they won't have to pay for lodging.

House001.jpg
House003.jpg
House006.jpg
House008.jpg
House009.jpg
House010.jpg
House012.jpg
House013.jpg

I live here and do not like it. Good luck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back