Steve Jobs has passed away (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
Oct 5 (Reuters) - Apple Inc (AAPL.O) co-founder and former CEO Steve Jobs, counted among the greatest American CEOs of his generation, died on Wednesday at the age of 56, after a years-long and highly public battle with cancer and other health issues.

Jobs' death was announced by Apple in a statement late on Wednesday.

The Silicon Valley icon who gave the world the iPod and the iPhone resigned as CEO of the world's largest technology corporation in August, handing the reins to current chief executive Tim Cook.

Jobs, who fought a rare form of pancreatic cancer, was deemed the heart and soul of a company that rivals Exxon Mobil (XOM.N) as the most valuable in America. (Reporting by Edwin Chan; Editing by Gary Hill)

UPDATE 1-Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dead at 56 | Reuters

R.I.P

R.I.P. The one man that saved Apple. Without him I think we wouldn't have encountered most of the tech advancements in the past couple years, not sure if anyone can really step up in his shoes at the company but I'm sure his legacy will live on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back