Suggestion (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Seeing as nobody's an expert on every aircraft that we model, and just the sheer number of versions of each aircraft can be very difficult to wrap one's head around, how about we make a bunch of guides as to what the differences are from version to version of different aircraft?

For example, I could do the F4U, as it's one of the few planes that I know really well. I would make a topic, and each post in that topic would be a breakdown of the main visual characteristics of a version. For instance, look at the "What's On The Workbench" thread, and look at my post about the differences between the F4U-1A and -1D. Something like that, but more indepth. I could do the F4U-1 in the next few days if you guys like the idea. It might be too much work for one person to do one plane, like the Bf 109, but for most planes only one person would need to do it.

Good idea Catch...be a bit of work though! Alot of shady areas too between production batches, field mods, etc, especially in some of the Luftwaffe aircraft, but that could be noted as such.
I could help with the Focke-Wulf Fw 190, Bf 109, and a few others.

Seeing as nobody's an expert on every aircraft that we model, and just the sheer number of versions of each aircraft can be very difficult to wrap one's head around, how about we make a bunch of guides as to what the differences are from version to version of different aircraft?

For example, I could do the F4U, as it's one of the few planes that I know really well. I would make a topic, and each post in that topic would be a breakdown of the main visual characteristics of a version. For instance, look at the "What's On The Workbench" thread, and look at my post about the differences between the F4U-1A and -1D. Something like that, but more indepth. I could do the F4U-1 in the next few days if you guys like the idea. It might be too much work for one person to do one plane, like the Bf 109, but for most planes only one person would need to do it.

Good idea, Catch22. I could do the IL-2, if anyone's interested. I'm no expert, but I've got quite a lot of reference material on this Soviet Bird.

Venganza

A very good idea Catch, that would prove helpful, especially for beginners or, like me, someone who only knows the basics about a particular type, such as the Corsair.
I'm prepared to do a couple or three, such as Spit, Mossie, Lanc etc., but it'll be a while before I can start.

Catch22, I don't know if you explicitly said it (perhaps it's understood since this thread is under the Modeling Forum), but I think it might be good to not only provide information about the real plane, but also info about any kits, accessories, decals, etc. we know about, especially if we know about them firsthand. This could certainly save a lot a people a lot of heartache when it comes to trying to pick out which kit in which scale is the most accurate, cheapest, easiest to build, etc. Information about accessories (PE sets, resin updates and conversion kits) and decals will also help people in doing a particular version of a plane.

Venganza

I can certainly also cover that. The thing is, there are lots of reviews around the internet, so it almost doesn't need to be done, do you know what I mean? I guess I could just collect all of the good reviews in one place.

I can certainly also cover that. The thing is, there are lots of reviews around the internet, so it almost doesn't need to be done, do you know what I mean? I guess I could just collect all of the good reviews in one place.

Yes, I was thinking that also, about Internet reviews, but since we're trying to have the information in one place, this might be the place to put our own personal kit reviews about whatever plane we've anointed ourself as "expert" over. Not a requirement, by any means, but useful information to go along with whatever else we know about the plane.

Venganza

Users who are viewing this thread

Back