Sundays ride the 22nd

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Erich

the old Sage
May 20, 2004
Platonic Sphere
up at Crater lake unsurpassed for it's beauty, 3500 feet of climbing in 35 miles though I gunned out another 25 miles back to a lower camp ground and to my woman for dinner

a few pics of us, about 15 riders, 40F in the morn warmed up to a grand 58F with a north wind reason why some of us look like we are wearing winter apparel

Attachments

• Rick.jpg
    Rick.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 123
  • Gino.jpg
    Gino.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 119
  • Gary n John.jpg
    Gary n John.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 116
more .................

a little out of order the mass of riders with the sign on the right was right after we started up a steep 3 mile climb then the ride on the west side of the lake going clockwise, the east side of the lake's road
is breaking down due to traffic and stonefall which there was plenty of this spring we descended some of us more than 45-50 mph and had fun trying to avoid the rocks in the road.

the waterfall towards the last 12 miles of the ride is well over 150 feet high called Vidae falls, the wildflowers were stunning !

Attachments

• Lunch 3.jpg
    Lunch 3.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 119
  • Emmet.jpg
    Emmet.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 119
  • The Group.jpg
    The Group.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 118
  • Vidae Falls.jpg
    Vidae Falls.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 115
more .................

a little out of order the mass of riders with the sign on the right was right after we started up a steep 3 mile climb then the ride on the west side of the lake going clockwise, the east side of the lake's road
is breaking down due to traffic and stonefall which there was plenty of this spring we descended some of us more than 45-50 mph and had fun trying to avoid the rocks in the road.

the waterfall towards the last 12 miles of the ride is well over 150 feet high called Vidae falls, the wildflowers were stunning !

:shock:

Looks like fun!

it was H ~ always is and have been up there numerous times. the Mrs. has better pics of the lake itself which I will include once I get her disk back

One of these days before I'm 6 feet under, I willl gaze upon Crater Lake!!!! Very cool stuff Erich!

Tommorrow I pick up a Schwinn adult trike for my pre-wife. Today I cleaned and tuned the Huffy 18 speed I got from a friend this spring. We're not gonna do those professional rides you guys do but short scenic hops around town.

Looks like a great ride Erich. Closest I came to that was riding in the Ride to Conquer Cancer here in Canada list year 200km over two days along the Rockies. Headwind and hills all the way since we didn't loop, just kept going straight south. Tough but worth it.

Great stuff Erich, glad to see an old man like urself can still climb those mountains... I remember walkin my bike up the mountains in Trieste Italy, wondering how the hell people actually stay in motion while going up...

Props to u and ur friends once again E, u guys are monsters...

interesting I have never done a serious elevation profile on this ride before, this submitted by our sag drivers

no wonder my arse hurt, 4200 plus feet of climbing in 33 miles, lets see if I had the time do this again and that would be 8400' in 66 miles .............arg save that for the fall and a third time ............ wild !

what the hey I'm a health nut that is a fact. Paul yes spendy but worth it, we all have our little hidden gems within all of us

Attachments

• Crater Rim.JPG
    Crater Rim.JPG
    199.2 KB · Views: 98
dang up there today since it was 108F at my place ........yuk !

more pics now from the west side to the north then east and back southward, the pics might be frickin too big

Mt Thielsen to the north, Llao rock with an old lookout at the top, great hike and oh what a view too

Attachments

• DSCN1085.JPG
    DSCN1085.JPG
    327.5 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCN1086.JPG
    DSCN1086.JPG
    909.2 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCN1088.JPG
    DSCN1088.JPG
    868 KB · Views: 86
last pic above the steep trail down to the electro boats of Cleetwood cove

Lupin flowers on the NE side and one of the locals with a cheeto - golden mantled ground squirrel and of course plenty of chipmunks everywhere at lunch time

Attachments

• DSCN1093.JPG
    DSCN1093.JPG
    557.4 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCN1097.JPG
    DSCN1097.JPG
    1,023.4 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCN1100.JPG
    DSCN1100.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 66

Users who are viewing this thread

Back