T Bolts Pics

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I had a rather unusual and interesting morning at work today. I drove a 120' manlift for someone doing an inspection on a salt storage building. The peak of the roof is about 90' up The pictures were taken when we were on our way down at maybe 75'. Those salt piles are about 20 " deep. The lift looks a lot smaller than it is. The wheel axle actually retracts tight to the chassis so it can be transported on a semi trailer. It was the largest manlift I had ever operated so it was a bit scary until I got use to it, but it worked just like the smaller 60 footers I'm more familiar with, just one he!! of a lot higher up!

Salt1.jpg
Salt2.jpg
Salt3.jpg
Salt4.jpg

Last edited:
One thing I've discovered as I get older, heights just aren't my thing anymore. Cool shots though Glenn.

It's actually safer than climbing a step latter. The machine has all kind of safety's and won't move in a position where it's anywhere close to tipping over. You have a safety harness on, and are tied to the basket with a shock absorbing lanyard so if you fall out you can only fall about 6' and it catches you. Not that I'd want to try it out though.

You have a safety harness on, and are tied to the basket with a shock absorbing lanyard so if you fall out you can only fall about 6' and it catches you

Don't know about that...I need a bl**dy safety harness to view your pics mate !!

Very neat set of pics and certainly an unusual perspective. Great opportunity well captured !!:thumbright:

This was the first of a number of 100+ year old railroad bridges that we'll be replacing over the next several years.

DSC00432.JPG
DSC00418.JPG
DSC00421.JPG
DSC00423.JPG
DSC00424.JPG
DSC00427.JPG
DSC00430.JPG

Last edited:
Those pictures were taken the end of October. Here's some pictures of the new bridge taken last week. The last one is me on the bridge.

DSC00752.JPG
DSC00761.JPG
DSC00774.JPG
DSCF5037.jpg

Last edited:
Depends on how much detail you put in on the P-40 Karl :lol:

I've spent a longer time on a model than this bridge has taken us. of course I don't spent 40 hours a week on the model This is the 42nd bridge I've done and I have over 100 finished models on the shelf so it's still better than two to one.
:lol:

BTW, I love the new Avatar. Calvin Hobbs is my son's favorite!

Last edited:
Depends on how much detail you put in on the P-40 Karl :lol:

I've spent a longer time on a model than this bridge has taken us. of course I don't spent 40 hours a week on the model This is the 42nd bridge I've done and I have over 100 finished models on the shelf so it's still better than two to one.
:lol:

BTW, I love the new Avatar. Calvin Hobbs is my son's favorite!
mine too, a friend who lives in Santa Rosa got me into them when i spent some time there, love the winter ones with the snowmen !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back