The creepy crawly thread..... (1 Viewer)

Good stuff, RA. Here's a rare sighting in Southern California. Not just rare because of a missing leg.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_8141.jpg
    DSC_8141.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC_8143.jpg
    DSC_8143.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 113
Nice Eric!:thumbleft: The vegitation must be scarce if there kinda rare.
 
I almost walked into this guy's web today in my back yard. Big sucker, almost 2" long.
 

Attachments

  • PA115672-1.JPG
    PA115672-1.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 98
  • PA115673-1.JPG
    PA115673-1.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 99
There's a narrow gangway between my house and my neighbors house and these little fellows like to string their webs between the two buildings, which is real fun when I'm going to work at 5:00am. I have a "Spider Stick" I wave in front of me as I walk.
 
VERY GOOD IDEA!!!!!!:thumbright:
 
I remember walking into a web one morning and brushing it off. Halfway to work, going down the expressway, I found one crawling on me. NOT FUN! Almost crashed the car.
 
We had those in New Brunswick when I lived there and we called them Garden Spiders. Amazing web builders, they begin quite small in mid summer and the survivors got pretty big, like yours. There were dozens of the m in my yard at any given time and I had to do the stick thing too before mowing the lawn.
 
:lol: Man I hate walking into them.

Who doesn't :evil4:

Nice shots!
 
I remember walking into a web one morning and brushing it off. Halfway to work, going down the expressway, I found one crawling on me. NOT FUN! Almost crashed the car.

I've had the same thing happen to me. I knew what it was as soon as I felt it crawl up my neck, casually reached up and PLUCKED it from my neck and then 5h!t myself. To this day I don't know where it ended up.:lol:
 
My new MP5 is on the deck, first herd of tarantulas that crosses the yard is in for big trouble
 
Tarantulas...huh...they're for p*ssies. I got killer Frogs / Toads in my back garden. Bl**dy monstrous they are !!!!!

Next door has a pond....little bastids have found a way in under the fence and when it rains, my back garden sounds like the Amazon.

And then I have to do my Indiana Jones routine to clear 'em all out before I let our dogs out in the garden. Shyloh, our Lab / Pointer cross, loves to eat them...and then he froths at the mouth like he's just eaten a very large can of shaving foam...and dribbles everywhere for the next few hours !

Gross !
 

Attachments

  • cc1.jpg
    cc1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 97
  • cc2.jpg
    cc2.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 100
Nice shots Gary!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back