The Fw 190A-9 of Siegfried Baer, 5.Staffel, II./JG301, in Detail....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Erich, hoping to get some paint on this coming weekend......

Took some comparison pics of some props today....
Left is the Eduard A/F-9 Prop, middle the Trimaster/Dragon andLeft Hasegawa A-8....

Check against the Kagero 190 book props that were illustrated in 1/48 and the T/D appears the more accurate, while the Eduard seems about 1.5mm too long?

Attachments

• Fw190 Props_2368.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 153
Looking excellent, Wayne. Another question for you superglue fans, is there any trick to preventing the superglue from drying up and setting once opened? Only thing that I can come up with is build more models more often.

Matt, I often have the same problem with Superglue. I've started using the stuff in small bottles, with a nozzle, rather than using tubes. Keep replacing the cap and, if the glue hardens around the nozzle, cut it off with a scalpel. Doesn't cure the problem, but helps.

wayne , why did you paint the bands first rather than paint them over the camo paint scheme ?

I've always done the bands or stripes first.....these colours Reds, Yellows, Whites usually take a few coats to get them just right.
If done later they can build up against your masking tape and create a step in the paint that is not easily removed.
Also much less masking required, you then need much more to cover the rest of the model to prevent overspray if done later....

Wayne I really wish I cold send you more confirmed details of the wooden or metal prop and flat or blown canopy. also too one of the two drop tanks as the newer not so tapered drop tank was being fitted to JG 301 Fw's on occasion.

E ~

RLM 76 mix on today......

....found one spot that required extra work on the cowl...filled, sanded and filled again for good measure more paint tomorrow...

Attachments

• RLM 76 Coat_2381.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 119
  • RLM 76 Coat_2388.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 116
  • RLM 76 Coat Cowl Repair_2391.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 112
Got the first upper surface colour on today.....

Erich, you saying the camo on the cowl is mostly confined to the upper section without mottle? or minimal mottle?

Do you think I need to change any portion of the RLM 75 that I have applied?

Attachments

• RLM 75_Fuselage_2426.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 147
  • RLM 75 Fuselage Tail_2428.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 147
  • RLM 75_Wing_2433.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 147
  • RLM 75_Wings_2441.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 142
  • RLM 75_Overall_2439.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 141
Wayne it appears well thought out and planned on your part, need to see some furtherance of the model camo before comment

treats !

Users who are viewing this thread