The Fw 190A-9 of Siegfried Baer, 5.Staffel, II./JG301, in Detail....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm a bit surprised you fitted the screens at this stage; I normally install, then fit clear sheet screens at the last minute. I find it much easier, especially with my knackered hands!

....or if it's like the Mossies gunsight, the whole cuccumber was in clear plastic...before I got the Tamiya tape the way I wanted it, I'd used up a whole load of @#$%$#@^^%$#!

Ok!!.....she is finished!...been working on it over the past 3 days without incurring the wrath of THE Boss lady....!

Have sent some good size shots direct to Erich, for the first look...and he is pleased!:D :D

...but you guys can wait just a little longer for the BIG shots...here are some closeups to start with...:D

Lower antennas fitted, step, Cannons and undercarriage in place, Front canopy and gunsight.

Attachments

• End_Antennas_3235.JPG
    End_Antennas_3235.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 98
  • End_Wing Cannons-3153.JPG
    End_Wing Cannons-3153.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 99
  • End_Canopy_3149.JPG
    End_Canopy_3149.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 92
I'm in a heaven.....:D But could you tell me Wayne why the antenna wire is drooped? I thought short-nose Wurgers had the special mechanizm for the antenna wire stretching when the cockpit conopy was slided back.

what plans do you have for it wayne ?

will you enter it into any comps ? because if you do the rest may as well go home

I'm sure I will put in the 2009 comps....

I'm in a heaven.....:D But could you tell me Wayne why the antenna wire is drooped? I thought short-nose Wurgers had the special mechanizm for the antenna wire stretching when the cockpit conopy was slided back.

I wish that were true!...but late bulged canopy Wurgers didn't have the same mechanism to keep the wire taught....check out page 2 of the PDF, there is a pic where you can see the slack wiring...most pics it is real difficult to see.

Let me tell you I broke 2 sets of stretched sprue trying to get it right and the short lead into the fuselage twisted slightly when I applied the tiny drop of glue to fix it, so it is sitting out at an angle rather than sort of straight down, but I ain't gonna touch it now!!...in an attempt to improve it..it is just to delicate to touch...

Attachments

• Focke Wulf Fw190A-8 1_72 Comp Sheet Melb 2007.pdf
    167.2 KB · Views: 82
I wish that were true!...but late bulged canopy Wurgers didn't have the same mechanism to keep the wire taught....check out page 2 of the PDF, there is a pic where you can see the slack wiring...most pics it is real difficult to see.

Let me tell you I broke 2 sets of stretched sprue trying to get it right and the short lead into the fuselage twisted slightly when I applied the tiny drop of glue to fix it, so it is sitting out at an angle rather than sort of straight down, but I ain't gonna touch it now!!...in an attempt to improve it..it is just to delicate to touch...

THX Wayne.:D Now it is clearly visible.But the effect is really nice.What kind of sprue did you use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back