The Fw 190A-9 of Siegfried Baer, 5.Staffel, II./JG301, in Detail....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm a bit surprised you fitted the screens at this stage; I normally install, then fit clear sheet screens at the last minute. I find it much easier, especially with my knackered hands!

....or if it's like the Mossies gunsight, the whole cuccumber was in clear plastic...before I got the Tamiya tape the way I wanted it, I'd used up a whole load of @#$%$#@^^%$#!

Ok!!.....she is finished!...been working on it over the past 3 days without incurring the wrath of THE Boss lady....!

Have sent some good size shots direct to Erich, for the first look...and he is pleased!

...but you guys can wait just a little longer for the BIG shots...here are some closeups to start with...

Lower antennas fitted, step, Cannons and undercarriage in place, Front canopy and gunsight.

Attachments

• End_Antennas_3235.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 98
  • End_Wing Cannons-3153.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 99
  • End_Canopy_3149.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 92
I'm in a heaven..... But could you tell me Wayne why the antenna wire is drooped? I thought short-nose Wurgers had the special mechanizm for the antenna wire stretching when the cockpit conopy was slided back.

what plans do you have for it wayne ?

will you enter it into any comps ? because if you do the rest may as well go home

I'm sure I will put in the 2009 comps....

I'm in a heaven..... But could you tell me Wayne why the antenna wire is drooped? I thought short-nose Wurgers had the special mechanizm for the antenna wire stretching when the cockpit conopy was slided back.

I wish that were true!...but late bulged canopy Wurgers didn't have the same mechanism to keep the wire taught....check out page 2 of the PDF, there is a pic where you can see the slack wiring...most pics it is real difficult to see.

Let me tell you I broke 2 sets of stretched sprue trying to get it right and the short lead into the fuselage twisted slightly when I applied the tiny drop of glue to fix it, so it is sitting out at an angle rather than sort of straight down, but I ain't gonna touch it now!!...in an attempt to improve it..it is just to delicate to touch...

Attachments

• Focke Wulf Fw190A-8 1_72 Comp Sheet Melb 2007.pdf
    167.2 KB · Views: 82

THX Wayne. Now it is clearly visible.But the effect is really nice.What kind of sprue did you use?

Users who are viewing this thread