The Fw 190A-9 of Siegfried Baer, 5.Staffel, II./JG301, in Detail....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

well so am I as I still think he was covering his Staffelführers hind end though did not get shot down in the same area at all, and was after the 491st bg B-24's

Even though there has been limited construction, I've still been removing and preparing parts at various oportunities for future work....

Attachments

• Engine Components_9670.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 227
  • Components_9675.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 226
Made a little more progress...

fitted the MG151 Access hatch sections to the lower wing, I really don't like the way Hasegawa do these areas, it creates an area that needs to be sanded, filled and sanded to get rid of the join lines.....as they never fit perfectly!!
Also fitted the undercarriage bay components as well.

Attachments

• Access hatch MG151.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 229
  • Lower Wing Components_9663.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 229
  • Lower Wing Assy_9703.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 218
  • Lower Wing Assy_9701.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 221
Thanks Guys..

And the Cowl has now had the front edges sanded smooth as well as the joined section below the bulge.
Again, hasegawa provide an assembly line that requires attention, the join line is about 1mm below the hinge line rather than right on the edge hinge line, so no matter how well you line up the parts there will always be a join that requires sanding and a little bit of filling...

Pic 1 the assembly of the cowl from the instructions.
Pic 2 The assembled cowl showing the join line(s)
Pic 3 Join line filled and sanded

Attachments

• Cowl Assy.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 211
  • Cowl Assy_9662.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 205
  • Cowl Assy_9706.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 209

Users who are viewing this thread