The ScharnHorst 1/200-Operation Paderborn

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have started on the plexiglas case measures 50"+X7 1/4"X14" something I have been shying away from has actually been easy.I have about an 1 1/4 hours cutting and gluing the four sides together I will let this sit over night and do the top tomorrow.I have seen a money making opportunity methinks fellas??I have seen people pay serious money for those 1/2 the size of this without exotic wood underneath!
default_wink.png

Attachments

• builds 001.JPG
    builds 001.JPG
    514.5 KB · Views: 12
I have started on the plexiglas case measures 50"+X7 1/4"X14" something I have been shying away from has actually been easy.I have about an 1 1/4 hours cutting and gluing the four sides together I will let this sit over night and do the top tomorrow.I have seen a money making opportunity methinks fellas??I have seen people pay serious money for those 1/2 the size of this without exotic wood underneath!View attachment 789905
Out it on eBay and see what happens. Must be a market for it.

Well there you go. I can't get my head around building a display case that costs more than the model I'm putting inside it.
Well got to remember the kit was $500 and the accessories are bring the build to $1000+ she going to be dust free. ;)

It's Alive!!!
default_biggrin.png
I now frame it out in Padauk 1/2"WX1/16'T I will start on the top and ends with the end being 3/8"W and the top making the last 1/8".I here ya Andy this is going to as close as I get to museum build in my lifetime while not 100% it will be closer than most except for the fella in France who's crazy but in a good way. ;)

Attachments

• builds 001.JPG
    builds 001.JPG
    607.7 KB · Views: 11
While waiting for some drying to occur on the Tempest I have just about finished the wood on the glass case.I still have to glue the four upright to the case drop some wood glue in the joints,sand and clean up.I will then be on the prow for handles up top and for the ends.
default_wink.png

Attachments

• scharnhorst 001.JPG
    scharnhorst 001.JPG
    579.5 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back