Top ten list of motorists peeves

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Colin1

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 2, 2009
United Kingdom
Hmmm
accurate and representative list, I'd agree with most of it
Out of interest (the reason I posted it) how does this list hold up with drivers in other countries? About the same, or do you have your own, unique peeves with other motorists?

PistonHeads Headlines

I agree with almost all of it except what is "dangerous overtaking"? I would add those that fail to move to an empty lane on the highway when someone tries to enter from an on-ramp. Or those on the on-ramp who enter a 65mph highway at 25mph.

...what is "dangerous overtaking"? ...
One example:
Overtaking say, a designated 'long vehicle' (it actually says so, on the back of the vehicle in question, in two places) in the face of oncoming traffic that is uncomfortably close, causing just about everyone within a 1/2 mile radius to jump on the brake pedal (except the overtaker, of course).

Last edited:
Oh so many peeves, so little space!!!!

One thing that really pi$$es me off is when I am coming down the on-ramp to the freeway and some jacka$$ is riding my a$$. Then as you are nearing the switch from the on-ramp lane to the regular traffic lane said jacka$$ tries to cut me off and pass in the lane I need to merge into.
I was there first a$$wipe, back off!!!
I usually cut them off and don't let them pull off thier manuever.
I'll go take my Valium now!!!

I agree with almost all of it except what is "dangerous overtaking"? I would add those that fail to move to an empty lane on the highway when someone tries to enter from an on-ramp. Or those on the on-ramp who enter a 65mph highway at 25mph.

Oh man you would hate me Njaco. Unless it is severe traffic, the person who MERGES must meter his/her speed for the merge. There is nothing I hate more than a string of cars comin' up the on ramp and they force me outta my lane because they ARE NOT MERGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry.

And Buck, your grief about people who ride your azz in the on ramp, you put your signal on to merge and they run around you happened to me just this weekend. I am an old motorcycle rider so I have sympathy for cyclists. But I remember about 20 yrs ago when I was much more agressive, I had a rider behind me attempt agressively pass me while merging in my car. I just kept 'a' merging. This douchebag just decides he's gonna fake kick my car. ON a motorcycle at 65mph! I just kept movin' over. Guess what. My 3000lb car won. He backed off. What an idiot.

:lol:

I love what the state troopers do.....

They drive the exact speed in the center lane (with a buddy in the car using the speed gun) and if a car passes going more than 5 mph they light 'em up.

I think if I were driving , truck drivers especially not paying attention would get me angry. My dad almost got run off the road by one cause the truck drifted in the left lane... he was reading a paper and on the phone :rolleyes:

I concur with the merge and like to add this people who stay in the passing lane but maintain a speed less then the flow . People who run the orange lights , pedestrians not following traffic signals (they usually have kids)

:lol:

I love what the state troopers do.....

They drive the exact speed in the center lane (with a buddy in the car using the speed gun) and if a car passes going more than 5 mph they light 'em up.

I think if I were driving , truck drivers especially not paying attention would get me angry. My dad almost got run off the road by one cause the truck drifted in the left lane... he was reading a paper and on the phone :rolleyes:
then you'd not like our cops the highway guys stay off the highway but lurk at the on ramps and here they don't really bug you unless your going a lot faster then the flow which is usually about 10mph over .

The cops down here (highway guys) back their car parallel to a bridge with a whole bunch of foliage so they can barely be seen. Some people get so surprised by it.

I'll add one, the morons who stop at a light, wait a few seconds, then creep up 3 feet, wait a few more seconds, then creep 3 more feet and on and on until the light changes.

Overal, excellent list!

Oh man you would hate me Njaco. Unless it is severe traffic, the person who MERGES must meter his/her speed for the merge. There is nothing I hate more than a string of cars comin' up the on ramp and they force me outta my lane because they ARE NOT MERGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah, not so bad. And I can understand when there is a lot of traffic. But when I'm entering an empty highway with the exception of one lone vehicle, why does that vehicle not move over? And I'm talking about a 4 lane highway. I know what the law says about merging but what does common courtesy and sense say? Sorry, I drive all day long and you would not believe the stupidity out there. I'm driving a special built truck with Code 3s and flashers and strobes, etc. and even while responding to an emergency with my bubble gum machines blazing, goofballs still pass me at 90mph!

back to merging: My thinking is this: the Driver's Manual here in Jersey says that you must go with the flow of traffic. Well to me, that means if the flow of traffic is going maybe 5 miles above the speed limit then I am too. One time had some guy on a cell phone in the passing lane doing 10 miles BELOW the speed limit. After a few miles and I was able to pass, he looked at me and I just shook my head in exaggerated dissgust. He didn't like that. Sped up to me and was making gestures. I laughed and waved at him. He then pulled out a badge. I laughed and pulled out my badge and and gave a look like "So what", waved bye-bye and sped off. He was p!ssed!!!

You got me going on this! :)

I have a great thing I do with people that don't use turn signals. At the next point that I can safely approach, I let them know, "hey, there must be something wrong with you're taillights. Nothing came on!" I get satisfaction knowing 1) He KNOWS he didn't use 'em and feels like a dope or 2) He goes to a mechanic and spends $$$ for something that isn't there. :)

I gotta stop now. oohhhhhhhhhh............... I'm with ya Buck!!!

:lol: All good Njaco. All good.

I was driving home one day and saw a carload of people (5) in a sedan making the commute home. A rear passenger had his face pressed up against the glass with a look of absolute agony. As I passed them on their right, I noticed the driver was playing a harmonica.

Needless to say, I laughed my azz off.

Nah, not so bad. And I can understand when there is a lot of traffic. But when I'm entering an empty highway with the exception of one lone vehicle, why does that vehicle not move over? And I'm talking about a 4 lane highway. I know what the law says about merging but what does common courtesy and sense say? Sorry, I drive all day long and you would not believe the stupidity out there. I'm driving a special built truck with Code 3s and flashers and strobes, etc. and even while responding to an emergency with my bubble gum machines blazing, goofballs still pass me at 90mph!

back to merging: My thinking is this: the Driver's Manual here in Jersey says that you must go with the flow of traffic. Well to me, that means if the flow of traffic is going maybe 5 miles above the speed limit then I am too. One time had some guy on a cell phone in the passing lane doing 10 miles BELOW the speed limit. After a few miles and I was able to pass, he looked at me and I just shook my head in exaggerated dissgust. He didn't like that. Sped up to me and was making gestures. I laughed and waved at him. He then pulled out a badge. I laughed and pulled out my badge and and gave a look like "So what", waved bye-bye and sped off. He was p!ssed!!!

You got me going on this! :)

I have a great thing I do with people that don't use turn signals. At the next point that I can safely approach, I let them know, "hey, there must be something wrong with you're taillights. Nothing came on!" I get satisfaction knowing 1) He KNOWS he didn't use 'em and feels like a dope or 2) He goes to a mechanic and spends $$$ for something that isn't there. :)

I gotta stop now. oohhhhhhhhhh............... I'm with ya Buck!!!

That made my day Chris :lol: :lol:

I hate folks on a congested highway who don't ease off to let on-ramp traffic zipper in. Traffic is flowing, but they speed up and tailgate the guy ahead of them, forcing those on the on-ramp to slam on brakes to avoid an accident. Seriously...is that one extra car-length going to get you there significantly faster?

I also get peeved at folks who don't acknowledge when you ease back a bit to let them merge in or change lanes. Just a quick, friendly wave to let me know you appreciate it, instead of continuing to munch on your bagel while working a Sudoku puzzle with a friend on the cellphone and just assuming that you had the God-given right to be there and I was morally obligated to back off anyway. :rolleyes:

:lol: All good Njaco. All good.

I was driving home one day and saw a carload of people (5) in a sedan making the commute home. A rear passenger had his face pressed up against the glass with a look of absolute agony. As I passed them on their right, I noticed the driver was playing a harmonica.

Needless to say, I laughed my azz off.

LMAO

I didnt see any one post this, but Texting while driving. That really drives me up a wall.

I mean come on, pull over or something moron. I am tring to get where im going, not get ran off the road cause you want to lol, OMG, WTF your dumb friend who is in the back seat.

It should be....
I didnt see any one post this, but Texting while driving. That really drives me up a wall.

I mean come on, pull over or something moron. I am tring to get where im going, not get ran off the road cause you want to lol, OMG, WTF ur dumb BFF who is in the back seat.

:arrow: :lol: :evil::D:shock::shock::evil: :( :?: :rolleyes: :cry: :shock: :twisted:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back