Tunnelbanan, Underground, Subway, Metro..... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
How many here travel on the underground, or what they call it where you live?

Any favourite?

The Stockholm metro (Tunnelbanan) is well known for its decoration of the stations; it has been called the longest art gallery in the world.

Used to travel alot on it as a kid....

I'ver traveled the metro in Rotterdam for many years. Not pretty. Whenever you are in Rotterdam, rent a bike, much more convenient and safe.
Used the subway in Boston, which worked quite well apart form the occasional train that broke down ( once spent 1.5 hours underground because of it) Used the tube in London a couple of times when I was there. Paris comes to mind, although it's been a few years since I was there. The best one I was in was in Prague. Easy to travel, quick and neat. Still,remember the scentence they always play when the door closes. Ukončete prosím výstup a nástup, dveře se zavírají

Travelled on the Paris Metro and London underground.
I like the tube with its long history and quirks.

Lets see I have used the:

Stuttgart, Nuernberg, Munich, Frankfurt and Berlin, Germany S-Bahn and U-Bahn
Paris Metro
London Tube
Washington DC Metro
Chicago CTA (whatever the actually call it...)

They are all the same to me, but useful.

Er, Lancaster tonight old bean.

download (6).jpg

Care to join me?

Never had any problems with the tube, in a strange way I enjoy it. Paris metro didn't have any problems with. Yet to risk the Glasgow one.

Parents were impressed with the Moscow one when the went on it, I personally never had the chance when we were there.

There's supposedly a ghost train on Tunnelbanan, several people claims to have seen it, it's all silver, which they had a few sets of, only dead people rides it and if by chance you should get on, you'll never get off....

Crazy? no no no... dear boy we celebrate eccentricity here and the tube and tube stations has plenty of harmless eccentrics...

In a previous life, I was posted to MOD in London. My first day going into the city, I catch the Tube from King's Cross and am idly studying my fellow passengers. At the far end of the car I see a pair of stylish flat pump shoes, dark smoke-grey stockings, a beige mini-skirt, topped off by a dark blue blazer but can't see other details because the owner is avidly reading a broadsheet newspaper. I watch for a few seconds more only to discover....it was a BLOKE! With bright, roundel-red hair and earings. GAAACCKKKK!!! Did nobody tell the guy he shouldn't wear flat pumps and a mini skirt...particularly not in the morning rush-hour! It quite put me off my breakfast! :)

I'm not great in crowded spaces with people (fine in small spaces minus people) so naturally being crowded into a tiny space where everyone's breaths make it really warm isn't for me

Got a pedestrian underpass, about 30 feet long, in my town - does that count?
Used to travel on the Tube quite a lot in years past - couldn't do it now though, I'd never manage the walk along all those darned corridors!

In a previous life, I was posted to MOD in London. My first day going into the city, I catch the Tube from King's Cross and am idly studying my fellow passengers. At the far end of the car I see a pair of stylish flat pump shoes, dark smoke-grey stockings, a beige mini-skirt, topped off by a dark blue blazer but can't see other details because the owner is avidly reading a broadsheet newspaper. I watch for a few seconds more only to discover....it was a BLOKE! With bright, roundel-red hair and earings. GAAACCKKKK!!! Did nobody tell the guy he shouldn't wear flat pumps and a mini skirt...particularly not in the morning rush-hour! It quite put me off my breakfast! :)

Shhh.... Nin was on holiday, don't embarrass the old chap :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back