Typhoon

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Guys.. I really didnt mean to confuse anyone... I was showing the color of the paint and the job
the paint did as far as laying down... That WAS NOT by any means the interior for the Typhoon. lol
it is actually the interior of the Giant Hellcat...that I am also working on... back in my first posts
here I was asking for info on Hellcats ... and that is how I started on this great forum...
I am also building a Giant Hellcat... that I am turning into a British plane. Sorry if I confused
everyone I was tired. and just wanted to show you guys the great job and match the paint is.

fubar57 fubar57

That is remarkable.. that you did that with the paint can... and took the time to actually
look it up... so here is a challenge... PLEASE do that very same thing for the blue I posted.
lets just see ... if it is as close as the green I posted.. now keep in mind.. I am comparing it
to the model in that link I posted.. if we knew what formula he used then I guess we could
match the paint.
I have not gone back in that thread to see if he actually told us what paint he used.. I
know it was said that he mixes his own paint... but how cool would it be to see if my eyes
were as close as they were with the green paint. I cant tell you how HAPPY HAPPY..
I was after spraying that green ..... every buddy that has came by my shop.. is totally in
shock and aw.. and has ran out to buy there own supply of that cock pit green as I had
refered it too them lol

Here is the paint can just like the other one.
typhoon paint 2.JPG

Since I have this question on my mind after posting again.. I keep noticing
all the Planes under every ones name after they post... a big collection
of planes... ( what does that represent ??? )
is that something that you guys have done because you like those planes..
or maybe you have built models of those planes?
Help me understand....

fubar57 fubar57

Another idea I had after looking at that last pic of the paint you posted...
what If.... I painted the bottom white before spraying the blue... that would
sure lighten it up....
but I still say.. that model he sprayed does not resemble that paint you posted.
of course .. I dont have to be exact dead on.. and of course neither does
the guy that build that model... I sure do like his color palet on the bottom of
that model.. my goodness it sure looks good...

Here is your paint next to the colour chip. Keep in mind computer colour and how close the chip is to the actual colour. Again....very close

1549115295577.png

....here is the Wildflower Blue

1549115531580.png

If you go to the Home Depot page, the colour chip looks totally different...Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch 2X 12 oz. Satin Wildflower Blue General Purpose Spray Paint-249062 - The Home Depot

This is using the British Standard BS381C Colour Guide....

Last edited:
Excellent Geo !!! :cool:

Teammuir1, the way you want to make the blue lighter isn't a good one. The problem is that the Azure Blue colour was the light blue of greyish tone but not the light blue of the bluish tinge. A such colour can be obtained if you mix a blue with a grey but not with the white. As a result niether the white nor light grey background can help. Just it is a matter of components but not the tone of background. The light background will cause the paint looking lighter only but nothing more.
The Wildflower Blue paint Geo found matches the FS 35231 much better than the Rust Oleum one I would say. However the sample of the RO coat applied would be much better for comparing than the cap colour.

I was looking for the wildflower... it would have been a better match...
but couldnt find that wildflower....
so I settled for the Lagoon.
I will find that wildflower... and compare... Thanks..

Merci mon frère. Teammuir1, do you have access to an airbrush? Another option would be to go to your local paint store and get some blue colour chips and the compare them to the FS 35231 chip. The paint store could match the colour

My local Home Depot can make paints to FS numbers. They are in their computer. If you have an airbrush and can find the right paint at Home Depot, all you need to do is tell them is the FS number and they can make you a sample can for 4 or 5 bucks. That sample can would be more than enough for your project. Same goes for the upper colours.

fubar57 fubar57

I do have an airbrush.. I have been told its a nice one..
but I have never used it... however I have used a
rattle can all my life from teenage... when I was painting
my models...
I figured when the time comes to use the airbrush..
it would be only for small detailing.. like weathering..
I am curious to know if you know how big my plane is ?
I dont think a small airbrush as I have would do the trick. lol

Attachments

• typhoon on power wheels 1.jpg
    typhoon on power wheels 1.jpg
    955.3 KB · Views: 38
  • typhoone on powerwheels 2.jpg
    typhoone on powerwheels 2.jpg
    948.7 KB · Views: 31
its a 1/5 th
and this is what I was thinking... I would use.. since I have all the appropriate guns.. lol

Attachments

• paint guns.JPG
    paint guns.JPG
    860.6 KB · Views: 35
I just figured... if I could find the rattle can version of the color I needed it would be alot easier and faster
to go that route...
I am not looking for a top quality show piece... I am looking for a realistic War Bird...
If I can achieve that with a rattle can.. first off People wouldnt believe me.. and once they
see I am telling the truth... it would be that much more impressive.. whats your thoughts ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back