Udo Corde, Ju 88C-6 Zerstörer, 5K+RT, Wk. Nr. 360379 of 9.(Eis.)/KG 3...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

dang forget the above pic that is for a torpedo carrying Ju 88 with a rearward flame thrower ....... ok lets try again, rats I am not findingn it

will do a more thorough search .....later

Maybe you guys will find these interesting. Found these on an old cd rom I had lying around. Im betting these came from ebay from the layout.

Attachments

• 6grossraumflieger.jpg
    6grossraumflieger.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 325
interesting Paul the upper one on the right may have been one of the KG 3 Blitz 6th staffel jobs with yellow over red spinners

great pics

interesting Paul the upper one on the right may have been one of the KG 3 Blitz 6th staffel jobs with yellow over red spinners

great pics

Thanks Eric,

I think I have more around here but Im not sure where they are right now. I may of lost them when my last computer was hit by lightning. I have backups of most of my stuff but I when I did it I didnt lable the cd's very well. Its some where on around 150 different cds. I labled them by country and that was it. :oops:

that is part of the thing or should say my saved article I am trying to find on Fach and Cordes, it's disappeared off the files.........rats

before I go take a lay down nap and try and put things in persepctive, yes my hip is crakced from an old cycling injury, here is a brief on Fach and Cordes, still trying to place the info on KG 3 blitz loco busters.

Udo had 81 Soviet Locos to his credit Ernst had something like 63 before his untimely death in his Ju 88C-6. 9 crews of 9./KG 3 in two months popped 216 Soviet locos-trains............pretty impressive I would say

Erich

Holy Moly! :shock: So, "Eis" that I've found with some KG's is that for "Eisenbahn" then, like 9.(Eis)/KG1, 14.(Eis)/KG3, 14. (Eis)/KG55 or am I just making an *rse of myself?:oops:

Not to be greedy and unappreciative, but what do we know about 10./ZG26, based at Trapani, Italy....'42-'43 and 11./ZG26 based at Eleusis(?) in '43-'44....also C-6's. I take it that those were mainly for anti-shipping, right?

Great info chaps, VERY much appreciated!

Another thing, is the armament enough on this C-6 or will I have to add to it? It has the usual four guns in the nose and two in the gondola....

Don't know what kinda guns/cannons it is, but there's three smaller and one larger caliber in the nose, they molded the whole thingy....and just the barrels underneath.

Just wait and see...:lol:

Jan :

I am going to have to dig further but I think even the train busters had 3 MG 17's and 1 2cm MG FF in the nose. the lower gondola did not have the crew member or the rearward firing mg but had two frontal 2cm MG FF's installed.

what I am not sure about is if the train busters had 6 2cm weapons, I do not think they did but not 100 % positive just yet. Even so with 3 mg's and 3 2cm that was enough tear apart any train from any nation

Think that I'll try and make into Udo's machine if possible...

Much obliged Erich!

Here's the frame for C-6 with cannons etc....

DSCF0001-26.jpg

DSCF0003-23.jpg

Then, would it be the best way to blank out the rear firing twins in the gondola, since they've added these in the kit....:lol:

DSCF0004-22.jpg

Finally, would they have been fitted with a single or two rear firing MG's? They have supplied both so that I can go either way...

DSCF0007-12.jpg

Oooh....I don't know Wojtek, my friend. :oops: :lol: I've got all the MG's/Cannons. Just a question how their, or Udo Cordes, C-6's was armed. Since this one comes with twin MG's for rear defence in the gondola, I'm just curious how to best blank them out and if his machine had a single or two rear firing MG's in the crew compartment...
Also, could be good to know what camouflage the crate was painted in....and codes! :lol:

do you have the code for his Ju 88C-6 and the tail pic of his kills .... I do and that is what I am trying to get loaded up here for this thread. not sure on rear arms or how many crew were in the crate with the pilot.

Humm... the standard C-6 was armed like C-4 version with three cannons and three MGs.There was MG15 mounted with the Bola39 - lower gondola or MG131 or MG81 with Bola 81 or MG81Z. Also you might find in some books about Ju88 that in 1942 was introduced a daily destroyer armed with 3xMG17s,3xMG FF and 1xMG15 marked as C-6a version

Attachments

• Ju88C6 armament.jpg
    Ju88C6 armament.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 265
  • Ju88C6 armament1.jpg
    Ju88C6 armament1.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 251

Users who are viewing this thread

Back