Ultimate P-51 detailing (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oh yea?! Let's see you do that in 1/72nd buddy! Then I'll call you good.

*throws away models*

That was phenomenal, if I do say.

But, I'm with you Lucky. Sometimes the build takes on more importance than the end result. 1200+ hours? That's what... 30 solid weeks, 8 hours a day? That's half a year of friggin' work?

At some point in time you reach a point of diminishing return. I think I'll stick with my crappy builds and enjoy a more diverse set of models in my limited lifetime. Maybe that guy's immortal. I'm not.

You know, I was thinking along similar lines Matt. Although it's a superb model, it's a hell of a lot of time for one replica, where a lot of the work done can't be seen. I also noticed, and I'm not being critical of the chap's excellent work, that some of the fantastic scratch-building was ever so slightly let down by the paint finish. More so on the internals, and the overall exterior, whilst being exceptionally good, doesn't really capture bare metal effect. I accept tough, that 'bare metal' doesn't always show up well in photos, and in 'real life', the model might look fantastic.
Still a bl**dy good model though!

Amazing! There is a fine line between fine modeling and obsession, and I gotta wonder. But the work is incredible and way more than I would have the time, or the patience for.

That is truely amazing, now to be realistic. 75% of all that work goes hidden inside the fuselage and whatnot, I understand his passion but not his drive. I would rather work 1200 hours labor then buy many kits and after market parts / supplies and have all of that fun instead of two "godly" models. Thats just me though :D

I'm with you guys. Truly amazing. I'm using it to answer some questions I have on my 1/32 BBDoll I'm currently doing but please don't compare! I can't begin to fathom the time required. Way more than my if I'm lucky couple of hours a week. inspiring all the same. And shooter I hear you with the fine line thing. I feel completely un obsessed now!

Stunning, just stunning... but if it was worth all the time involved ??? :|

For me it is worth if there is no good model of that particulary plane on the market, but if there is, it is a weist of life. That my opinion. Remindig you that I am a modeler myself and love makeing models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back