Unofficial group build: 'After the battle'

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great indeed ,also killer .What that thing would be worth now.....? such a waste

If I could go back in time I'd kiss that thing

Also has anyone got 1/72 scale plans of a Bristol freighter? I need em for when I make this conversion of mine (whenever that maybe)

So any progress with these derelict's guys?

I'll definately try and rustle something up, a few kits I have are somewhat born deformed through bugger all detail.

Well, I've sort of started things off, with the derelict Spit 22 in 1/32nd scale. When it's finished, I'll move it here. If nothing else, it might provide some ideas!

I've got the Fw 190S-5/ Fw 190A-8/U-1 project long started but not making any headway at the moment, and Spitfire PR.XIX/ Seafire XV conversions in the pipeline. Hoping to get something moving shortly...

Evan, have a look at the Duxford Flying Legends thread, in the Airshows thingy. Gary has posted a couple of cracking shots of PR19's, showing some nice details.

Thanks for the heads up, Terry!

Ordered the Falcon clear vax 'Spitfire special' canopy set last night, so should have a nice vacform PR.XIX canopy soon!

wow ! great thread, that 109 with Britsh roundels or that stuka could be a nice diorama on 1/144 !

my hands are crazy to start a new project like that right now

when this GB starts

Last edited:
wow ! great thread, that 109 with Britsh roundels or that stuka could be a nice diorama on 1/144 !

my hands are crazy to start a new project like that right now

when this GB starts

It starts as soon as you do Lucas! it's a continuous build idea for anyone that's interested, like Lucky's 'what if..?' build, and Muller's armour build.

Looking forward to seeing your projects!

Evan

I've been mulling over this idea and I have a few ideas. The first which I'll start soonish is going to see a half burried 190 of some description being recovered after being discovered during excavations. Partially seen wing and machine gun cowlings is what I'm thinking with a few figures and a JCB or something nearby. Set in within the last 10years or something. Nothing to specific really.

Cheers

I agree, that sounds very interesting Alex. What scale are you thinking off? It would look great in 1/48th, but I dion't know if you'd get a JCB or similar in that scale. Look forward to seeing it mate.

Just realised how badly written my previous post was!

As for scale Terry looking at 1/72 for the first one due to having a few wrecks lying around that can be butchered and spares for the little details. Also 1/72 for the choice of vehicles thanks 00scale model railways. The other idea I have is of a recent recovered warbird being stripped down ready for restoration. As we have never seen the warbirds in their true context as far as era and time, I kinda figured this would be a nice take on warbirds in the modern era apart from the polished up ones in museums and of course at airshows

Cheers

Gotcha. Both sound great mate, should turn out well. I was thinking of using the remains of the Spit 22 to use as a part -built example, on a factory jig or trailer, but went for the 'fire dump' example instead. If I'd known I wouldn't be able to use the engine in the MkXIV, I could have really done something different. Ah well, at least I should have a convincing wreck when it's finished!

Great ideas guys!

Alex, I reckon you should be able to pick up a metal JCB in 1:87 at a railway model shop, and either scale it up and scratchbuild one in 1:72, or just have it 'parked a little off' to disguise the slight size difference...?

Airfix used to do a JCB III on a flat car in their old model railway stuff, and I've seen this around, or a copy, by another manufacturer. Maybe check out some of the model railway outlets, as there is loads of stuff like that. I notice, changing subject slightly, that Hornby have released a WW2 airfield control tower (RAF/USAAF in the UK) and a Nissen hut intheir HO model railway pre-built and paintedbuildings stuff. The scale is a bit off for 1/72nd use, but close enough, but they're a touch on the pricey side.

Users who are viewing this thread